LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

The Boardshorts Crowd

As summer begins, so does the invasion of what I like to refer to as the "Boardshorts Crowd". They only surf when the water is warm and are more than pleased to look you in the eye as they drop in on you.

I am not talking about kids learning how to surf on foam boards, I am talking about fairly good surfers who only come out when they don't have to put on booties, gloves, and a wetsuit. Definetly a bad vibe in the water with the crowd today.

Anybody else know what I'm talkin about?

Images

Boardshorts crowd

Must be a Vah Beach thing. Just people who can't surf at all around here, so I still get plenty of waves. It's probably equivalent to the "BigSurf" crowds who only come out when it gets big- or cold.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartfortier View Post
    They only surf when the water is warm and are more than pleased to look you in the eye as they drop in on you.

That's when you gotta start to regulate. If someone i do not know drops in on me at my local break and looks me dead in the eye. There's obviously gonna be a problem. I use to wear my life guarding whistle to alert people that i was already on it.

summer = aggro (for me at least)

Images
    yeah i was gonna attach a cowboy rope to lassow people who cut me off...but i never really got around to making the rope...so i guess a good old fashion tackle will have to do

i really starting getting into surfing more last summer and i cant get enough of it. sucks that theres some people that only go out when its prefect, or act like its not fun if its not completly perfect out.

Images
    yeah i was gonna attach a cowboy rope to lassow people who cut me off
    I would pay to see that.....hilarious!

As summer begins, so does the invasion of what I like to refer to as the "Boardshorts Crowd". They only surf when the water is warm and are more than pleased to look you in the eye as they drop in on you.

I am not talking about kids learning how to surf on foam boards, I am talking about fairly good surfers who only come out when they don't have to put on booties, gloves, and a wetsuit. Definetly a bad vibe in the water with the crowd today.

Anybody else know what I'm talkin about?
    There were waves today?..am i missing something...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bruzza View Post
    There were waves today?..am i missing something...
    Yeah brah...... didn't you hear it was double over toe

why the hate let people ride when they want as long as they respect the rules of the road err.. waves we get enough **** from surfers that we don't need any in fighting amongst ourselves as to who is a "real bodyboarder" get stoked for each other help each other out and any civilians of the water ( swimmers and ppl who arnt in the lineup but in the way of the line) there the ones to **** with and play with

Images
    i was back in nj this past weekend and hit up spring lake because an old friend of mine from high school lives there now. thigh sets for sure early in the morning... then high tide killed everything around 11am... then it was knee-high sets when the tide started dropping again. this was sunday june 8.

anyway, i'm usually the loudest guy in the lineup, especially if i'm out there with some friends. i like to talk while watching the swell, i nag my buddies when they should paddle harder for a wave or re-position themselves, and i cheer when they get a ride in.

this behavior seemed unwelcome at spring lake. given it was mostly groms and posers, but i got the stinkeye every time i yelled out across the lineup to a friend on the other end. i have no idea why. i think a lineup full of silence is uncomfortable. they never said anything to me because i was gettin more rides in than anyone else, but i definitely felt like kids were starin me down because i'm talkative. wtf?