LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I believe you but it was posssible to get out. In the OBX there would've been dudes on it. I paddled out in 15 foot boilers and there was a line up out there like 400 yards off shore. I actually saw the ghost of a sailor in the pilot house of the boiler in the trough of one of those giants.

For real bros strap on your big boy board shorts next time and paddle out.

My days of having something to prove are long gone, brother... to myself or anybody else.

If it ain't fun... well... it just ain't fun. I went to a more protected spot and surfed chest + perfect barrels and had a great session. Dozens of waves...
    Last edited by LBCrew; Dec 29, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Surfline's extended winter forecast was calling for an above average spring forecast, but less consistent winter. It's in between an El Nino and La Nina atmosphere, so predictions are pretty hard to say though. Still interesting to read up on. Gotta travel for winter, score home in the spring!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    i really cant hate on new jersey anymore when yall get waves like that.
    I still hate jerz

Images
    i was right about my prediction. today was our biggest day of last year 5ft+ offshore and barreling, with some bomb set but the people who where out were not charging them.. i was, so this dude by me has this huge set comming in im like(charge it dude) hes like no way man and does it anyways gets smashed and his leash broke or something, board went flying into shore and he was in for a swim after the spin cycle. i feel bad now that i called him into the wave ha. but the wave was perfect.

There were plenty of guys out getting sick waves and getting drilled.
    But it's a lot easier to go out in relentless DOH when i's 55 degrees out and the waters 50. Taking a bunch of those on the head when it 20 degrees out with 43 water is different. I don't care where you live, the crowd gets real thin

Quote Originally Posted by northendcanyon View Post
    I believe you but it was posssible to get out. In the OBX there would've been dudes on it. I paddled out in 15 foot boilers and there was a line up out there like 400 yards off shore. I actually saw the ghost of a sailor in the pilot house of the boiler in the trough of one of those giants.

For real bros strap on your big boy board shorts next time and paddle out.

Images
    Brahs.... You really should have been there- belmar had had some EPIC swells this years.... But then again Belmar,NJ always has Epic swells

#epicswellinbelmar

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    There were plenty of guys out getting sick waves and getting drilled.
    But it's a lot easier to go out in relentless DOH when i's 55 degrees out and the waters 50. Taking a bunch of those on the head when it 20 degrees out with 43 water is different. I don't care where you live, the crowd gets real thin

No you are right. Wetsuits make duck diving deep a lot more difficult. Period and wind matter too. If its blowing 30 mph offshore with a 13 second period from a hurricane you can usually get under one or two and be out. If its doh 10 second wind swell from a noreaster that's brutal. I just ditch my board in that stuff and unless my leash breaks I'm good.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    for us i will believe it will be today its all ready breaking a few feet a dead low so it will be pretty big. what about other places that got real waves this year?

#hhibarrelsyoucandriveabeamerthoughthem.
    #thenewteahupoo
    How did HHI end up being? I was at 2nd Street on Tybee and it was super clean about chest-shoulder high with maybe some occasional head high sets.

Images
    The biggest swell I remember from this year was the day after the surfers for autism event at Tybee that I volunteered at, on September 8th, solid head high with some 1ft+ sets and super clean.