LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Ripcurl E-Bomb 5/4

So, I'm saving up for a new wintersuit and keep seeing this bad boy at my local shop. For $225, should I do it?

just picked one up b/c it was also on sale for 230. used it twice. having major pains with the zipper and isnt as flexible as I had hoped.

i think i got what i paid for in mobility- so that doesnt bother me- but 5 min trying to get the chest zip started really pisses me off. kind of a **** design- you cant hold both chest pieces and zip unless theres a third hand around or you get lucky.

I have a dawn patrol 5/3 and wearing it in Maine. Very flexible in the arms, a little water gets in, but it is very warm and was just 180$.

I've owned a 4/3 e bomb and a 5/4 hooded flash bomb. I think they're both great suits but flexibility will always be hindered when you branch out into the 5 mil zone. I think my 5/4 FB is as flexible as any oneill/billabong/patagonia suit. I don't regret my purchase but i can say that i can't wait to shed this rubbed tire I'm wrapped in.

225 - good deal, you probably won't regret it unless your expecting to feel like your in boardies. remember - its a wetsuit. they are way more expensive on ripcurl.com and most online stores. I would definitely get it.

Check around for a used one if you're as cheap as I am. I landed a used RipCurl EBomb 5.5/4.5 for $150 off the dude at the surf shop. Love the suit, and the smell was only mildly horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Check around for a used one if you're as cheap as I am. I landed a used RipCurl EBomb 5.5/4.5 for $150 off the dude at the surf shop. Love the suit, and the smell was only mildly horrific.
    A little "Piss off" will help the smell a lot! Ripcurl sells it. Also, any other neoprene detergent will do.

I have been threw many wetsuits, oneill , rip , quik and bong , I just bought a 5/4 hooded vapor x body glove , and im pretty happy with the flex, warmth and fit . it was around 270$ with a big discount , regularly around 400$ or so . the price is up there but im pretty happy with suit .

Images
    tempting price, but try to make sure the wetsuit fits you very well. I don't think you want to go out in a suit that fits o.k. in the shop, only to find it flushing with ice water once it loosens up. It should feel pretty tight everywhere when trying it on in the shop.

Remember, shop employees are trying to sell, so they might say it fits fine when it's really too loose. If in doubt, try on everything, even if it means shelling out for another brand that fits very well.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    tempting price, but try to make sure the wetsuit fits you very well. I don't think you want to go out in a suit that fits o.k. in the shop, only to find it flushing with ice water once it loosens up. It should feel pretty tight everywhere when trying it on in the shop.

Remember, shop employees are trying to sell, so they might say it fits fine when it's really too loose. If in doubt, try on everything, even if it means shelling out for another brand that fits very well.
    Couldn't agree more. Fit test it well. Older suits have a tendency to tighten up over time where newer suits are usually pretty accurate. do some stretching in the fitting room. People may wonder what's going on in there but its not their money, its yours.

Images
    I have the f bomb.. Thing is unreal, but what's the e bomb exacty ? I thought the f Bomb was rip curls cold suit.