LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would you surf?

Images
    I'll survive the cold, that's not a problem at all...it's the fact that I can barely pop myself in a 5 foot barrel let alone 8 footers! Hahahaha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Saturday at dawn is my call. I'm working Friday anyway. Winds will be below 15 by then. Swell looks to still be in the chest high area. Just gotta deal with the temps in the single digits without the wind chill
    That's exactly what I'm doing

Dammit y'all! Hot water in jugs! That $H1T is heavenly mana!

Tip: wrap your towel around it for insulation and a toasty post sesh towel.

That has helped me do the change outside at a non-Belmar Break and feel relatively good. Hope that you do not bust face in those conditions.

P.S. - Don't forget to shave your taint with a rusty razor to ensure you are tough enough. If you fail that, then you are not worthy. Substance abuse just may numb you enough for both endeavors.

#____________Belmar_______BetterThanSexWith_______ __AndItsStillWarm

#Belmar Mad Libs could be fun. Man, I totally feel like I'm 10 again

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    It's not really that bad -unless your suit is from '87.... I'm telling ya the real question is - who is changing out of their wetsuit outside- or doing the drive home in the suit to the hot shower- I live a few blocks away (from belmar,nj- the best break on the east coast) so I could easily do either
    Yeah that sh*t is wicked on your bare skin even though it's temporary. I'd change at home (I'm close) , or in the back of my truck if I had to drive to find a suitable wave.

Images
    Surfline comedy for the day in NJ:
    image.jpg

What the local buoy thinks about that:
    image.jpg

Images
    I'll be taking a ride today in search of something better.
    My hands started to go numb for the minute I took my gloves off btw.
    image.jpg

I'd go out if I was up for dealing with that wind. It was about my 4th time surfing and the first time I went out in strong winds I paddled out with goggles on so the water would stop blowing into my eyes while paddling for a wave. No one else was out so I figured no one will see me looking like an idiot. Yeah didn't really work out I still couldn't see hahahaa

Beat it kook!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfin_nj View Post
    I'd go out if I was up for dealing with that wind. It was about my 4th time surfing and the first time I went out in strong winds I paddled out with goggles on so the water would stop blowing into my eyes while paddling for a wave. No one else was out so I figured no one will see me looking like an idiot. Yeah didn't really work out I still couldn't see hahahaa
    facepalm.jpg ..........