LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flatness

Flatness

what has been going on to make it so flat??? i know thee has been knee highs and what not, and i have been on it, but wheres the stomach to chest bigger surf been.... check bouys all around the wworld and all seem pretty depressing..... im jonesin like no other, its been 3 weeks and counting without solid surf. PRAY FOR SURF ! ! ! !

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    amen brother

Thumbs up

You can thank the Bermuda high out to the east of us dominating the weather. That is why it is so hot and throwing all the nasty weather north of us. Until this thing moves on, it will be flatola.Looks to be this way a very long time unless it moves or a low develops south of us, which is unfavorable. Buy one of these cats, it is worth it on the beach if ya can't surf, these things are the shizzy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBrhf...eature=related
    Last edited by bfloyd; Jun 8, 2008 at 06:49 PM.

i may just have to get one of those...any idea of where to get one besides fleabay? Also, I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade one? I was looking around last night trying to find some, and some guy had the basic Surfer Lisa one but put all sorts of new things in it to get it to go 30mph and run for longer. I'm not much of a handyman, but I don't see how it could be too hard to do this.

Images
    anyone how much those things cost?

http://www.surfline.com/mag/reviews/...c_rcsurfer.cfm

The place they have listed doesn't have it anymore, but it was $199 for the base model. Some guy said on another forum that he spent atleast $400 more upgrading it...

Smile

Yeah, they started discontinuing some and some of the other versions are much more expensive. I have a boardshark which I actually need to upgrade and get some more torque behind it. I am going to try and take it by a hobbie shop. Here is the main website for one of em: http://www.rcsurfrider.com/store/

They are def. a little pricier. The one I have was like 50 bucks, but I need to make some adjustments on it. The KYOSHO model is apparently the most durable, Craigslist, might have some. Saw online where a guy was selling his for like a hundred and had extra parts for it including some very good chargeable batterries that last for a much longer duration.I would search around online though.
    Last edited by bfloyd; Jun 9, 2008 at 04:25 PM.

8. if we dont get som dam waves i mite actually have to spearfish naked.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    no offense spearfisher but dont do it at crystal in wrightsville beach on the south end.

Toay was a blast at Skipper. I was there from 12:30 to about 4 and it was alot of fun. Consistent waist with clean faces, plus there was plenty to go around.