LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    You people are over-analyzing and making bigger deals aboot stuff.

When surfing in the winter, in the NE, 20 degree air temps and sturdy off shores are not uncommon. It's the friggin way it's supposed to be.

It's winter.

Y'all analyze the swell direction, the drift, the air temps, the water temps, the wind speed.........where to change into your suit......where to change out of your suit..............

This is absurd. If you are a surfer......then surf. Stop looking for reasons to give it a pass. The waves are either worth it or they ain't.

If it's too big/hairy for you, that's fine. Just admit it. Yeah, it sucks eating your pride, but don't blame the friggin OFFSHORE wind speed. Just say, " Too big for me.....too chunky for me." Learn to accept yourself and limitations. If winter ain't your bag, then hang it up until May

You can be cold and stay out. It's when you start becoming disoriented and confused that you have a problem.

Wow, another winner of a post.

Images
    Awesome post dude!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    this is the most valuable piece of advice on here. changing on the street in those conditions is foolhardy & dangerous & a quick way to chill yourself down before even getting in the water. after you surf, drive straight home in your suit & walk right into the shower & take your suit off there.
    the vaseline idea is a good one as well.

Foolhardy and DANGEROUS? Really............

Headline: Asbury Park Press.........Belmar, NJ Three youths died while changing out of their wet suits yesterday, reports Belmar Chief of Police, Thomas Palmasano. "Yeah, uh, the three surfers exited the water, and were in the midst of peeling their wet suits off when the cold attacked and killed them. They died right on the spot."

OMG, the surf world has been commandeered by metrosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    You people are over-analyzing and making bigger deals aboot stuff.

When surfing in the winter, in the NE, 20 degree air temps and sturdy off shores are not uncommon. It's the friggin way it's supposed to be.

It's winter.

Y'all analyze the swell direction, the drift, the air temps, the water temps, the wind speed.........where to change into your suit......where to change out of your suit..............

This is absurd. If you are a surfer......then surf. Stop looking for reasons to give it a pass. The waves are either worth it or they ain't.

If it's too big/hairy for you, that's fine. Just admit it. Yeah, it sucks eating your pride, but don't blame the friggin OFFSHORE wind speed. Just say, " Too big for me.....too chunky for me." Learn to accept yourself and limitations. If winter ain't your bag, then hang it up until May

You can be cold and stay out. It's when you start becoming disoriented and confused that you have a problem.

Wow, another winner of a post.
    bingo.

wow...i am actually siding w/ PJB!

Images
    i understand if people older when i get that age i will do the same but i wont because ill never live above the mason dixon again, if its cold and there is big macking belmar barrels and your like its to cold to go out? did what shorted you brain out?

#seldomseenwouldgo
    # itsallwayssunnyinbelmar
    #fishtacosforlunch
    #wavesfordinner
    #pjbforgovernerofdahjersey
    #punpingswelltomarrow

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Isnt the story with vaseline about being bad for wetsuits? its causes the material to dissolve over a short time?
    i only use it on the coldest of days & put it on after everything else (expect for my gloves, obviously) is on. i think the trade-off is worth it; i'd rather not be distracted by my face feeling frost-bitten when i'm looking to pull into some frosty shacks. most of it has been washed away by the time my session is over & i'm pretty aggro about rinsing my suit after those surfs.

Lots of east fetch in this one if the models hold. Always an undercall in this situation for jersey south.

Thumbs up v a s e l i n e

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    you just put it on your face...cheeks & lips...so they don't freeze in the wind. if your face is contacting the deck of your board, well, i think you've got bigger worries.
    u got dat rite - any face plant is a huge worry. a knee to the nose is another fun one.
    do you do this (long boarders etc don't).trying HARD to catch the wave; one pushes down
    on nose (of board) with chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Foolhardy and DANGEROUS? Really............

Headline: Asbury Park Press.........Belmar, NJ Three youths died while changing out of their wet suits yesterday, reports Belmar Chief of Police, Thomas Palmasano. "Yeah, uh, the three surfers exited the water, and were in the midst of peeling their wet suits off when the cold attacked and killed them. They died right on the spot."

OMG, the surf world has been commandeered by metrosexuals.
    not saying i wouldn't do it if i had to, but w/ the air & wind temps forecasted tomorrow, i'd actively try to avoid it. i hardly think being informed & mildly cautious makes one a metrosexual.

If you have to ask you shouldn't be out. period.