LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    bingo.

wow...i am actually siding w/ PJB!
    Only the dumb side against me. Dude, I got 17 votes. 17 !!!

Dude, I've been nothing but nice to you. You got all tizzy aboot Manco's and Manco's and how uncool the boardwalk is(was). I stepped-up for the boardwalk and Manco's. I got a little too animated and apologized, publicly.

My apology to you is what lead to the heat SJB(God Bless his soul) took from Sturgis Powell and some other angry east coast sponge fanatic. You ruined SJB. That's what lead to his downfall.

So, step-up and be nice, eat Manco's & Manco's, walk the boardwalk, peel of your suit outside and jump in your ride and crank the heat(THE BEST FEELING...it's almost like diacetylmorphine.....almost.)

Now shake off the past, and go to the MEMBER OF THE YEAR thread and vote for SELDOM SEEN.

Stop foresaking me, please. I got 17 votes...almost 60% of the votes. Now, you be good to me, you hear.

And I wasn't really referring to you as the Mertosexuals. I think you actually surf in the winter, frequently........

i only use it on the coldest of days & put it on after everything else (expect for my gloves, obviously) is on. i think the trade-off is worth it; i'd rather not be distracted by my face feeling frost-bitten when i'm looking to pull into some frosty shacks. most of it has been washed away by the time my session is over & i'm pretty aggro about rinsing my suit after those surfs.
    Im a year rounder too on LI and I have never had the feeling that my face was too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

Dude, I've been nothing but nice to you. You got all tizzy aboot Manco's and Manco's and how uncool the boardwalk is(was). I stepped-up for the boardwalk and Manco's. I got a little too animated and apologized, publicly.

My apology to you is what lead to the heat SJB(God Bless his soul) took from Sturgis Powell and some other angry east coast sponge fanatic. You ruined SJB. That's what lead to his downfall.

So, step-up and be nice, eat Manco's & Manco's, walk the boardwalk, peel of your suit outside and jump in your ride and crank the heat(THE BEST FEELING...it's almost like diacetylmorphine.....almost.)

Now shake off the past, and go to the MEMBER OF THE YEAR thread and vote for SELDOM SEEN.

Stop foresaking me, please. I got 17 votes...almost 60% of the votes. Now, you be good to me, you hear.
    Paddington relax bro.... I can tell when you're getting bent on a subject cause you don't use the word "aboot".

I do agree with this as well. A lot of people blame weather when the waves are too big for them...

But in this case, 40 mph offshores is heavy, especially when it's 20 degrees... It could be knee high and would keep most out of the water.

bingo.

wow...i am actually siding w/ PJB!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Paddington relax bro.... I can tell when you're getting bent on a subject cause you don't use the word "aboot".
    Dude, "ABOOT" is in the, like, fourth sentence......

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    If you have to ask you shouldn't be out. period.
    You just won a Swellie nomination for 2014 HARDASS OF THE YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I've not been at it the longest but I've surfed enough in arctic temps to donate advice when asked. My offerings:
    1) have a form-fitting suit of at least 5/4 thickness
    2) keep as much of you in the water (and out of air/wind) as you can on Friday
    3) once you feel really cold, you've got 5 minutes to get out of the water and another 5 to get in your vehicle with heat; any longer than that on either and you'll be Parkinson's if not unable to contract muscles and you don't want that occurring in the water
    4) expect #3 to occur soon after you get washed out a second time or much after 60-90 minutes depending on temps and quality/thickness of your wetty
    5) once you warm up at home following a near hypo experience, you'll enjoy the best buzz of your life; no drug can compare to getting back to homeostasis after slight hypo as the body/mind seem to be self-medicating quite well with endogenous substances

For those that want to wear the wetty home, just but cheap neoprene seat covers. They sell for 50-80$ and look fine. Leave window slightly cracked after a sesh and they'll have dried out by the time you sit back in it after getting home.
    haha, this is pretty accurate.

Dude, "ABOOT" is in the, like, fourth sentence......
    apologies Mr. Jetty Bear.

And I wasn't really referring to you as the Mertosexuals. I think you actually surf in the winter, frequently........

you gotta take your own advice & leave the past behind, my man. that whole manco & manco/b-walk thing was 2 years ago, right when you started posting here. i'll never willingly eat manco & manco's, but i have b-walk dates w/ my wife now & then & take my godson up to ride the rides in the off-season.

now, who can tell me if i need my 9'1.5" gun in ocnj tomorrow??

Buy a punching dummy and move to Maine.