LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Surf Log

Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    I have kept a log for about 8 years running. Not too much detail - wave size, glassy or chop, what I rode, who I was with, where... enough to think back about a few fun waves.

Turned 50 in 2013 - 50 days of surfing… by the numbers...

Conditions:
    25 days of semi clean - basic jersey juice.
    18 days of chop - challenging, but doable.
    6 days of pure glass conditions - got lucky on these.
    1 day of absolute perfection - a rarity indeed.
    Waves I surfed were ankle high to overhead during the 365 days - averages to 3ft+ wave size for the year.

The Rides:
    Biggest wave of the year… Jupiter, a left, overhead drop, near the end of the Juno pier, connected all 3 sections right to the sand. A long, fast and fun ride.
    Best wave of the year - 9/13 - sheer glass, A perfect left, walled up from pipe to jetty and I was all over that face.

The Sessions:
    21 solo sessions - meaning went solo - only 3 where I was actually alone.
    3 grovel sessions - really trying to squeeze out ridable waves from ripples.
    1 major spanking from huge conditions 12/15/13 next day after the snow storm.
    1 Black Friday surf - 20th in a row!
    4 days surfing with the kids.
    11 days my son tagged along and surf fished - the boy is "hooked".
    1 Surf Contest - Rode a 1963 Hobie, and I didn't place last!

The Injuries:
    1 surfboard to the head - it happens.
    1 board to the face followed by a 1 hour bloody nose - it looked like a murder scene. Oh yeah, now I snore.

The Wildlife:
    1 manatee in the surf - big, dark and moving fast, was pretty freaky - but very cool.
    45+ dolphins - probably off on this number, had to be more, including a few feeding frenzies
    5 sharks - all little, if you think 5 feet is little - and all in Florida, none in NJ this year.
    3 sea turtles - all big, and super fast - and again, all Florida.
    1 seal in Spring lake. Scared the bejesus out of me, till I saw the whiskers.

The Equipment
    37 days on the 9.0 WRV - I guess that's the "go to" board (based on the avg. 3ft conditions).
    9 days on the 7.2 Frierson
    3 days on the 6.4 CI
    1 day on the 7.6 Oceanside, my very first surfboard from 21 years ago! Hasn't been ridden in almost 12 years.
    Cool stuff, appreciate the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Radderbsurfin View Post
    20 some years and never kept a surf log. My wife kept a sex log last year, and I def noticed an increase in our seshes as to compared from previous years ...

I'm gonna include conditions, as well as a 1-10 raiting.

that goes for the surf log too.

Conditions: Chesty lumps that continue to lose their form. Turned into more of a sloping face, as opposed to the peaks of the good old days.

1-10 Rating: 6, I guess. Getting tired of the same spot but at this age, what can I do. I'm used to the local windblown slop.

Overall: Not a great session by any means, but it's been a while. Just going through the.motions by now.

for this place I need to try for a minimum of 10 days per month.
    I did 157 days in a year a few years ago.
    it's difficult, and I surf some real crap sometimes, but 2 or 3 days a week is the goal to keep my stoke.
    it gets really flat here sometimes.
    need to ride all different boards including a log if i'm gonna log the surfs I feel I need.
    i log it.