LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

i was thinking of picking up a heated vest.

has anyone sported a heated vest ? pros and con . is it worth the purchase ? just seen one for 125.00$ . just curious .

heated vest

Quote Originally Posted by surfin View Post
    has anyone sported a heated vest ? pros and con . is it worth the purchase ? just seen one for 125.00$ . just curious .
    just got a thermalation heated vest and works great . went out last Monday and used it for the first time . set to low setting, there are three levels , and I was toasty warm . the air temps were in the mid 30s and the water temps were in the low 40s. felt like a giant heating pad across my entire back . the suit is pricey but I've been surfing winters since 1965 , and have no intentions of stopping especially now with this this little baby . trust me I'm no wuss just a die hard 60 plus surfer that used to get cold before I'd get tired . not anymore , check it out .

They look like the future of winter surfing eventually

It'd be sick to be able to have a toasty 3 hr winter session in a good hooded 4.3 with one of those one day I don't know if they are that effective but I'm sure one day they'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate View Post
    It'd be sick to be able to have a toasty 3 hr winter session in a good hooded 4.3 with one of those one day I don't know if they are that effective but I'm sure one day they'll be there
    I have the h-bomb (rip curls heated vest) and is the best winter surfing investment I've ever made. I wear a 4/3 all season and only use a 5/4 when doing a double session or surfing back to back days. I've basically had the same experience as sandyhook. If you have the funds I recommend getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    I have the h-bomb (rip curls heated vest) and is the best winter surfing investment I've ever made. I wear a 4/3 all season and only use a 5/4 when doing a double session or surfing back to back days. I've basically had the same experience as sandyhook. If you have the funds I recommend getting one.

Does the vest feel uncomfortable under your suit?

For $125 I'd be interested in which brand it is. From what I've seen, Thermalution is definitely the best, but you also pay close to $400 for a new one.

its was wetsuit wear house close out sell and an extra battery was 85 , I think . and it was a quik .

Wait do you wear them over or under a suit? And do you even wear a suit when you wear it? Seems like your arms would get super cold if you didn't, but you couldn't feel the heat if you wore a wettie...

heated vest

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesurfer View Post
    Wait do you wear them over or under a suit? And do you even wear a suit when you wear it? Seems like your arms would get super cold if you didn't, but you couldn't feel the heat if you wore a wettie...
    wore my thermalution heated vest Saturday morning ,the morning after the snow storm . 11 degree air , water temp . low 40s and I couldn't care less . The vest not only keeps your core toasty but also generally heats the water in your suit , even if you get flushed you are instantly warmed up because the heat doesn't stop . The only thing that did get cold eventually were my hands, but that was after 2 hours . clean barrels and a hot suit , life is sweet !