LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: El Salvador

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Tunco is more like 45 mins from SS, still an easy ride. 50% closeouts or more when I was there and they could be harsh. Amazing rights across that whole country. Not sure what night life you caught in Tunco but it's pretty sparse. Most peeps are there to surf so they're in bed by 10pm to get up at 5am.
    it wasnt like your guy's east coast fist pumper night life. But there was booze, there were girls. On a surf trip thats equal to night life for me.

tunco is next to everything. Dont know how you managed to get close outs. Anyhow, like i said i stayed by mango. The night or two i spent in tunco say good waves and festive nights.

Images
    There is no such thing as a closeout only a surfer who is too slow to beat the section. Have you ever seen kelly Slater on a closeout? I for one surf a lot of " close outs" only to have other "better" surfers get barreled off their asses on the same wave.

So no wave ever dumps left to right or vice versa abruptly and every wave peels. Thanks for the clarification.

Wave performance is relative to conditions for sure. But Flores/Mango > Bocana/Sunzal any day.

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    it wasnt like your guy's east coast fist pumper night life. But there was booze, there were girls. On a surf trip thats equal to night life for me.

tunco is next to everything. Dont know how you managed to get close outs. Anyhow, like i said i stayed by mango. The night or two i spent in tunco say good waves and festive nights.
    You go in the mild season? I was there in August and it poured every night so any chick who was planning on going out was not doing so. Don't get me wrong, ES was an amazing trip all around. But let's answer peoples' questions accurately. There were 2 girls out a night tops when I was there, then again it rained each night but such is their "winter". Even if it were pumping with broads, it's far from night life. You go to ES to surf.

You go in the mild season? I was there in August and it poured every night so any chick who was planning on going out was not doing so. Don't get me wrong, ES was an amazing trip all around. But let's answer peoples' questions accurately. There were 2 girls out a night tops when I was there, then again it rained each night but such is their "winter". Even if it were pumping with broads, it's far from night life. You go to ES to surf.
    was there the middle of august. 2 summers ago. It rained, the power even went out at one of the bars, but the drinks kept flowing. One of my buddies here on maui stayed there he loved it so much.
    Surfing was definitely the reason i was there but sometimes a guy gets sidetracked after a sesh...ya know....

pics to prove it you ask...ok:
    waves, not closing out right out of el tunco, i think its called bocana. Sunzal would be to the right of the "pig" rock not seen in the photo.
    IMG_0118.jpg

Some girls, ya just 3, but thats more than the 2 dudes...
    punta mango 195.jpg

What we went for...waves p. mango

punta mango 545 (2).jpg

For me this is very good place
    Last edited by dian11; Jan 12, 2014 at 06:24 PM.

No nightlife?

Dude you were there in the rainy season, El Tunco on a Friday in the dry season is pumping with nightlife, ever been to D'rocas? I've been to El Salvy 5 times, every weekend in tunco is a huge fiesta.

Answering questions, waves are good, it can be very safe if you are smart, can also be very dangerous. It is worth spending extra $ there to ensure safety. Many many palces to find uncrowded surf, not sharing my gems though, just explore and be resepctful. Also do not go onto the beach at night there!

Images
    Wow, that third picture is incredible. I loved those waves.