LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

One board for the rest of your life?

I'm not sure if this has been asked already or not but i really wanted to hear what you all thought. If you could only have one board for the rest of your life what board would it be and why? One thing to think about is when you get older! At the moment i only have a 5'6 quad and an old 6' board my dad got at Ron Jons in the 80's so i cant exactly answer this question. I think i would choose a longboard board in the 8'-9' range though, because it would be decent in smaller surf and still hold up in larger surf and would be easier to catch waves with when i got a lot older. With all that being said, which board would you choose, and why?
    Last edited by GeorgiaSurfer; Jan 2, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Images
    9.4 hplb catch huge and small waves. nice rides and cutback i mean you can do anything with a lb ,even get some air on a big enough wave.

def. a wavejet.

Images
    Ehhhh, that's a tough question. I'm full on fighting age to the end so I'm short boarding for ever..........at least that's what I'll keep telling myself until adjustments are absolutely nesseccary.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Ehhhh, that's a tough question. I'm full on fighting age to the end so I'm short boarding for ever..........at least that's what I'll keep telling myself until adjustments are absolutely nesseccary.
    Me being 15 at the moment thats how i like to think, im just thinking of the worst, not being able to get up on a shortboard later on. Thats the only reason i chose something longer, so i would still be able to ride something when i get up there in age.

Dude surf boards only last a few years. Aggressive
    Surfer heal print decks , delaminate , snap in half
    One board for life impossible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon dog View Post
    It's really a "what if" kind of question, not really meant to be taken literally. But, i have my dads board its almost 30 something years old, he got back in the mid 80s and its still going strong, only had to take it to a board repair shop once, and that was last month because the board rack on top of my friends car broke. Im thankful it didnt get beat up worse than it did haha.
    Last edited by GeorgiaSurfer; Jan 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon dog View Post
    i have a lb thats about 15 years old now.. its ruff has a lot of dings but still works great.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    i have a lb thats about 15 years old now.. its ruff has a lot of dings but still works great.
    Dogg years or human years? Roy calls them "people years". How many years do the 12 people he's given birth to have? Anyone know? Dude's placenta be mad tired. 12 people. Birth. Wow.

9.4 hplb catch huge and small waves. nice rides and cutback i mean you can do anything with a lb ,even get some air on a big enough wave.
    Agreed- I have a 9'3 Al Merrick HPLB that has been going strong for 13 years. While im sure it wont last another 30...if i hypothetically had to ride one board from here on out- that board would make my 50's-70's WAY more fun than any shortboard. Catches anything and still cutsback and handles the head high stuff when your in early enough.