LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Ok, if I had to go with one board and one board only for the rest of my life I'd put all my money on the SwellInfo message board. It's often a rough ride, but it'll get you through any swell and any flat period.

long board is my choice

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSurfer View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been asked already or not but i really wanted to hear what you all thought. If you could only have one board for the rest of your life what board would it be and why? One thing to think about is when you get older! At the moment i only have a 5'6 quad and an old 6' board my dad got at Ron Jons in the 80's so i cant exactly answer this question. I think i would choose a longboard board in the 8'-9' range though, because it would be decent in smaller surf and still hold up in larger surf and would be easier to catch waves with when i got a lot older. With all that being said, which board would you choose, and why?
    started surfing in 1965 on the old logs ,went through the shortboard revolution and eventually back to modern performance longboards . they can handle any surf we get in north jersey ,knee to overhead ,barrels or mush . however I recently picked up a bing maui foil 7'4 single fin retro style , contemporary rails and bottom . and loving it . ps I'm 62 and still surf year round so I guess these would be my choices for the rest of my life .

I just bought a used motivator on Craigslist. 6'0" x 21 x 2 5/8. Only rode it a small day once as a quad and it will catch anything and still go vertical. Can't wait until I shed the 5 mil and ride it more in the spring.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon dog View Post
    One board wouldn't work for me
    Variety is the spice of life. 7'2" fun
    board, 9' Walden , 9'2" custom Flying
    Tiger,9'2" Tony Sliavgni, 9'4" Austin,12'
    Tim Noltie. Conditions is what determines
    What i ride ONE BOARD RIDICULOUS.
    Either pick one board like the scenario says or dont pick any at all... who needs four 9'+ longboards anyways?

SUP BRAH

jk

Smile one stick for as long as i tick..

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSurfer View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been asked already or not but i really wanted to hear what you all thought. If you could only have one board for the rest of your life what board would it be and why? One thing to think about is when you get older! At the moment i only have a 5'6 quad and an old 6' board my dad got at Ron Jons in the 80's so i cant exactly answer this question. I think i would choose a longboard board in the 8'-9' range though, because it would be decent in smaller surf and still hold up in larger surf and would be easier to catch waves with when i got a lot older. With all that being said, which board would you choose, and why?
    my pick - a large short board like my 6/8 fire wire dominator(i'm 220lbs)..

Images
    Would probably be my 5'6 RW, the board has control on any wave.

You have to consider where you live and surf... you want a board that you can ride in the majority of the waves you get. For around here, it's waist to head high surf. With that in mind... a fish. As long as you stay reasonably fit, it will give you the biggest bang for the buck.

9'0 single fin block tail noserider to i could surf no matter what size waves there were

#Wombat4Life