LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Health Risks of Surfing in the cold

Does anyone thing that there are any serious health risks of surfing what could be epic NJ tomorrow? The water temps are standard for a winter swell, but the air temp is apparently going to be around 5 degrees with the wind chill.

Yeah you could die don't go out anymore ever

Quote Originally Posted by paperplate View Post
    Yeah you could die don't go out anymore ever
    this. totally not worth it.

I concur. Don't go out. Look up the grom from Rhode Island who wants to take a trip to PR. Pay his way to PR & you've got your very own board caddy for life.

5. Cramps and b@&$hitus

Images
    5 degree wind chill is no joke. I was out in 10 degree once and I got frozen inside a barrel. Had to wait 3 days for the wave to thaw and to be spit out. It was worth it though, the reaction on the beach to my epic barrel was priceless.

read one of the other 3 threads based on tomorrow's weather and the dangers of surfing in it. Way gnarly

jersey?...coming out of the barrel with used condom frozen to your face

Don't take mother nature lightly. I'll admit to being guilty of this in the past - more so in my younger days.
    But I think if you have to ask if it's dangerous, then you shouldn't go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    5 degree wind chill is no joke. I was out in 10 degree once and I got frozen inside a barrel. Had to wait 3 days for the wave to thaw and to be spit out. It was worth it though, the reaction on the beach to my epic barrel was priceless.
    "That sounds great I'll have that"