Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I really like flying jet blue, and I've have good experiences with them. I almost always fly them when i can. I've flown boards with them several times and they have always helped me out. I would fly them again.

I hope they dont follow the ways of all the other airline carriers who are horrible. I refuse to fly AA, delta, etc.

I had a surprisingly very good experience on USAirways from Philly to Liberia, CR last month. I brought two long and one short board in a coffin that I had built by Midnight Bags in CA. Other than a small tear on the coffin fabric, there wasn't as much as a scratch on any of my boards. I used the skycap in PHL (along with a $20 tip) who was very helpful and made sure that I was only charged for one board. The official USAirways policy is $200 per board which is highway robbery and I wouldn't have paid it. But $200 for three boards was ok. The check in crew in Liberia were very helpful as well and didn't even think about looking in the bag. In fact, they were very polite and almost apologetic in reminding me about the bag fee for the return.

Resurrecting this thread...I'm flying BOS to CR in December and was wondering if people had more recent experiences with Jet Blue's board bag policy. Still $50 per board right? Any success stories?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    Resurrecting this thread...I'm flying BOS to CR in December and was wondering if people had more recent experiences with Jet Blue's board bag policy. Still $50 per board right? Any success stories?
    Look it up online at jet blues site, ya farking moron.
    kids today......

It's always been $50/each way on jet Blue for me, used them 4 different times to PR, always the same. But like Barry said, go on their website.

Well ya I know the price. Guess I didn't need to ask that part. Excuse me Mr. Barry.

What I want to know is how people are managing to get around the one board policy...

Well ya I know the price. Guess I didn't need to ask that part. Excuse me Mr. Barry.

What I want to know is how people are managing to get around the one board policy...
    Gotcha, it's going to all depend on who is checking your bags. If they are a good Jet Blue employee they will open your bag and verify it's only one board or they will charge you for each one. If they simply don't care, which by my estimation 80% of employees in the world really don't care, then you will get lucky and they won't check and you'll slide by with two for the price of one. Just don't make it obvious, make sure the bag fits two easily and doesn't look too bulky and don't weigh a friggin ton either.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Nov 23, 2015 at 04:23 PM.

I think that's gonna be my approach. Either that or team up with a buddy and try three boards for the price of two.

Good luck! Even if you pay for both it's still cheaper than most other airlines for just one board so it's not a huge loss if you get pinched

Oooohhh, I seeeeee....you want to cheat??!!??