LOGIN | REGISTER

Where to get these fins...

IMG951237.jpg Looking to put a single fin in the 6-7" range on this. its a 7'1". if you have any other input on a recommended fin design that would be good.

FCS's website... might be able to find a large fin... not sure if they make a 6" or 7" fin with their thruster fin plugs though...

no idea why you want to do what you are asking though.... but good luck.

Images
    Maybe just get a better thruster set?

Images
    I wouldn't recommend riding that board as a single fin, as far back as those trailer FCS plugs are.

For that board to function properly as a single fin, the fin would have to be several inches forward of that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I wouldn't recommend riding that board as a single fin, as far back as those trailer FCS plugs are.

For that board to function properly as a single fin, the fin would have to be several inches forward of that spot.
    This statement is on point. Fin plugs are way to far back to ride as a single. you'll have no control.

oh, well this board sucks then

Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    oh, well this board sucks then

Do not try to bend the spoon

Gaff, speaking of fins, what's your take on those Edge Core fins kicking around SoCal on the cheap?

seems less fun than every other board i've tried*

10. patgeds22, easy solution--

Take the board to your local glass shop and have them pop a center fin box just forward of the rear plugs. It would put the box at around 6" up from the tail which might be a touch too far for a 7'1", but if you put the fin all the way to the back of the box, you should get a pretty good feel.

Added bonus--you still have the rear plugs to convert it back to a thruster when mood/conditions call for it.

6705127.jpg