LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanker surfing

Tanker surfing

Has anyone ever been tanker surfing? Is there a company that takes people out?

Images
    No, no company. I've never been. Really only in texas. Heres a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B26OzA_UVI

Images
    Ya gotta know the boats schedules and places that the wake will break. Find a friend who has a boat to take you out on and chase a tanker. When you see it coming and you are waiting at the sandbar, have the boat take you close to the breaking wake and jump off and start paddling. I just know this from vids and crap.

Images
    The ferrys from Hatteras to Ocracoke produce a chest to head high wave. This varies a lot. Heres a picture.
    544155_10202983916464179_1632204313_n.jpg

Ha! I've ridden that ferry. Should have just rode behind it...for free.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    The ferrys from Hatteras to Ocracoke produce a chest to head high wave. This varies a lot. Heres a picture.
    544155_10202983916464179_1632204313_n.jpg
    Oh! That pics in NC? I saw that and saw that it was Brett barley but didn't think it was in NC.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Oh! That pics in NC? I saw that and saw that it was Brett barley but didn't think it was in NC.
    If you look closely on the boat it says Manns Harbor, NC braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    If you look closely on the boat it says Manns Harbor, NC braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    Nice brahhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    No, no company. I've never been. Really only in texas. Heres a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B26OzA_UVI
    I gotta admit, that's pretty damn cool.

last century I had access to a sailboat. we'd hang out at the mouth of the port to await freighters. I'd be on the spar on the bow and we'd head right for it. The "swells were over 7'. we'd get air and a killer drop. Once I was driving, coming from Hampton to Norfolk and mid way I saw a big swell coming in. I turned to hit it head on, but when I hit the top, I cut it hard, blasted off the lip and did a bottom turn. Everyone was pissed due to crap in the cabin being strown in all directions. and the wife too. she was especially perturbed.