LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Grommet check your local buoy reading for your break at the time of your sesh. That'll give you the stats.

You'd have to try out different thicknesses in different temps and see what is best for you. Temp tolerance seems to be like the pain scale, subjective from one person to the next. I'm a minimalist for neoprene as I'm a furnace. But when I do rubber up, it's a properly fitting Drylock brah.
    emass how long have you been surfing now like 7months? are you king of the break yet?

11 months now brah, and I'm expecting a slab of lobster meat with a candle sticking out of it for my 1 year anniversary, so plan on giving a call to my local fish market in a month. Thanks bud! Have surfed more in cold water than a lot of this forum ever will, by default of location. Gimme the rundown of how many years/sessions into surfing I have to get to before I can comment on wettys and I'll stick by it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    **** the buoy and swellinfo reports and water temp bullcrap. heres your guide.. wear a 4/3 for winter besides the early months. if its cold not gloves or booties, if its really cold gloves or booties? you will know when its really cold , if you cant stand the cold water just throw them on. everybody adapts to cold water differently, if you where boots and gloves in 60 degree chances are you will never be able to climatize your body to the cold water. id say tuff it though unless its really windy.
    Thanks for the advice, im pretty new to all this, this being my first winter surfing

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say your buoy is 5-6F warmer than actual coastal temps. However, on the coast, we have a lot of fluctuation. It would be nice if every pier had a small weather station and thermometer in the water.
    Exactly! That would help so much if all piers had that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSurfer View Post
    Thanks for the advice, im pretty new to all this, this being my first winter surfing
    Grommet, keep up the charging and stoke. GA winter surfing is equal to mid-Spring/late-Fall surfing in MA. Be thankful for that.

Images
    I wore everything today. But I usually get in a 4/3 around this time.

Dune - flipping off the haters then following it up with a double Shaka will raise your body temp 3.8F

Images
    I will try this tomorrow Spicoli

Images
    11 months now brah, and I'm expecting a slab of lobster meat with a candle sticking out of it for my 1 year anniversary, so plan on giving a call to my local fish market in a month. Thanks bud! Have surfed more in cold water than a lot of this forum ever will, by default of location. Gimme the rundown of how many years/sessions into surfing I have to get to before I can comment on wettys and I'll stick by it.
    yeah i give yall props with that cold water. i can handle high 40s but get any lower then that ill surf of course but ice cream headaches..

Images
    Grommet, keep up the charging and stoke. GA winter surfing is equal to mid-Spring/late-Fall surfing in MA. Be thankful for that.
    I am thankful for the warmer water temps.. but id take MA's waves over Ga;s waves any day.. with the right gear of course hahahaha