LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. I usually bring two shortboards. One goveler and one bigger step up. I have a funshape, but its not that fun, so its rare I paddle . I tend to favor one board and will paddle it out before anything else, then switch it up if it ain't working out. I try to keep surfing simple.

I do I always want to get the best out of all my sessions

So, uh, hang on a sec.....

How friggin tough is it / how much swell-judging ability does you have to pile three or four boards in your car & drive over to the beach to poseur, er, surf?
    Answer: not at all, very.

Herewith, and ergo, my question: is the OP asking do you take a board that fits the conditions of the surf when you travel to surf? Like, on an airplane travel to surf? Or is it when you can run back home & swap boards because you ain't catching jack shiiiiite?

I ain't hatin'.....I'm jes' SAYIN. Put up or remain silencio, all you shreddah studhorses who live directly on the ocean, surf every peak & have a quiver of 6' nothings or less.

Yeah....what I thought.
    Last edited by yankee; Jan 7, 2014 at 02:32 AM.

Brah of course you gotta pack the whip with a sesh quiver and no you cannot expect to drive a few miles and back to grab another and not have nature skunk your sesh.

We just wanna know...does the Nissan GT have racks for a half dozen on top?

Images
    I pack every board, every suit, every glove, every boot.
    Every time, regardless of the conditions.

I have a board backpack so I can switch boards and wetsuits while riding a wave.
    Sometimes I take off on two shortboards, get barreled, do a 720 japan air, land, then as I'm bottom turning, I'll switch to the soft top, pull back into the tube and do a headstand/nose ride / barrel, while changing my booties.
    I also prefer to swap suits in the tube so I don't scare people with my pink dragon.

I highly recommend riding three boards at once; one board per foot, one front and center for your hands. You'll get so pitted.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I ain't hatin'.....I'm jes' SAYIN. .
    While rcarter is off to a very strong start for 2014 HOTY, this disclaimer adds a sugar coating to yankee's vitriol, which in my opinion, brings a whole new dynamic to the art of hating. This will be a close race, keep up the good work boys.