LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have shortboards and guns, I havent longboarded since the summer, but I imagine I will again this summer
    fav: 5'10 quad local made and 6'4 rusty predator tuflite, and two random 6'3's

then I have a 6'10, 7'4 9'0, and 9'6, for bigger days

Images
    image.jpg
    Who doesn't pick a board out of the quiver according to the conditions? There is a wave behind every design and since waves vary, so do surfboard shapes.

Not sure why the pic got turned sideways. I don't have the patience to figure it out.
    Last edited by Doug; Jan 6, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

just curious , see a lot of friends that only ride short boards thrusters . 5'8 to 6'4 . Maybe a fish here and there but never try anything more than that . @ doug , that second board from the top looks like its been used and abused .poor thing , I hate waffling my boards , especially the one that feel like magic under your feet . Always puts me in a shi##y mood .

I never pick a board to suit the conditions. For instance last session was head high and clean so I took out my snowboard. Then one day it was thigh high and peeling for 50+ yards, you'd think a longboard would be the call right, nah not me I grabbed my 11 foot big wave gun replica of what Dorian paddled into Jaws with and got my shred on!

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.

i guess i have a minimalist quiver compared to the rest. I try to ride one board for every occasion. Of course theres time you need different equipment but i make do with what i have. 9'7 single fin noserider, 7'0 semi gun thruster, 5'7 quad shortboard, and the one im riding the 5'3 (or 4) twin fin fish.

Im never out gunned thats for sure. In my opinion you really can ride one board in everything i ride on a regular basis, its your own mind that limits what your equipment can handle.

I feel sad sometimes ive only brought the semigun out twice. But that one especially i feel ridiculous carrying it to the break unless its cranking at least double over.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfin View Post
    just curious , see a lot of friends that only ride short boards thrusters . 5'8 to 6'4 . Maybe a fish here and there but never try anything more than that . @ doug , that second board from the top looks like its been used and abused .poor thing , I hate waffling my boards , especially the one that feel like magic under your feet . Always puts me in a shi##y mood .
    I have a 8' soft top that I have fun with in the summer. Best thing about the soft top is I can surf shorebreak without ruining the board. I actually get barreled on it sometimes, but side slide out of most tubes eventually. It's still fun though.
    The broken board is a 5'10" rocket and the yellow board is a 5'10" g&s from the 70's. Also a 6'0", 6'2", two 6'4"s one is a pin the other a squash. The pin is for big tubes and the squash is for big rippable waves.

Always. Longboard, fish, funboard, shortboard, boogieboard. Longboard almost exclusively in the winter and small fun days. Fish for mush, bigger days and travel, do all board.

Here's my ideal quiver. I currently have none of these.

Noserider, say 9'.
    Fish/groveler, say 5'10" - 6'
    HPSB, say 5'10" - 6'

I'll continue to manage with my "free loaners" for a few more years most likely.

9 longboard, 6'3 hpsb, 6'4 single fin with a fuller shape, a 6'6 thruster, and a 7'8 fun board. Looking to get a fish maybe to complete the quiver. I mostly ride the longboard or single fin but all get used.

I have a step up 6'3 but the 510 motivator works so well in small to big surf I usually just ride that all the time lol.