LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anyone know a shaper that will allow you to shape with their assistance?

Hey Guys,

I'm curious, does anyone know a local shaper in DELMARVA/NJ that will allow you to shape a board under their guidance? I have always wanted to shape one but don't want to buy all the tools.

I think I only want to shape one. If I want more than that I guess I would need to buy the tools.

If you do know someone, do you know what they charge to teach? I don't want to learn to make boards and enter the market. I just want to ride a board that I made.

Nick

greenlightsurfsupply.com

they have beginner kits with all the tools and a video to show u how.if u go to a local shaper,ur technically trying to steal their work.theyll be happy to shape u a custom board,but I don't see any apprentices

Images
    Yeah!! Essence Surf in NJ does. They have shaping classes and tutoring. A dude tutored by them made me a great board. Check em.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    greenlightsurfsupply.com

they have beginner kits with all the tools and a video to show u how.if u go to a local shaper,ur technically trying to steal their work.theyll be happy to shape u a custom board,but I don't see any apprentices
    I wasn't thinking of it like that. More so I would buy the board materials and shop space and do it myself. I would just like someone to ask a question if I had one. Thanks for the website info though, I will definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
    Yeah!! Essence Surf in NJ does. They have shaping classes and tutoring. A dude tutored by them made me a great board. Check em.
    Awesome man thanks for the info.

gonna piggy back off this thread, I live in Virginia beach and have always wanted to learn to shape. I wanted to find out if there is anyone in the area that would be willing to just let me hang out in the shaping bay and clean up and **** to learn a little of the trade. not looking to shape immediately but really wanna learn some of the trade

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    I wasn't thinking of it like that. More so I would buy the board materials and shop space and do it myself. I would just like someone to ask a question if I had one. Thanks for the website info though, I will definitely check it out.
    Yea I second that. The best way to learn is through trial and error... Check out swaylocks.com, it's a fantastic site if you are looking to shape a board. Also has a forum with tons of experienced shapers

Quote Originally Posted by Onelove87 View Post
    gonna piggy back off this thread, I live in Virginia beach and have always wanted to learn to shape. I wanted to find out if there is anyone in the area that would be willing to just let me hang out in the shaping bay and clean up and **** to learn a little of the trade. not looking to shape immediately but really wanna learn some of the trade
    Are you wanting to shape to sell boards one day or just for you?

Images
    Maybe turtle backing. Couldn't help it. Il log off now.

I think this guy will help you out but you will have to sweep up around his shaping shack and design him a new logo with soul.

north-shore.jpg

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.