LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com

Yep, Surfboard Shaping Mentor Classes are back on in conjunction with The East Coast Surfboard Factory.

Also, The East Coast Surfboard Factory is available to rent for board builders. Complete board builds start at only $265 for Factory members include shaping and glassing room rental time, all the materials [blank, glass, resin, paints, tints, finboxes, etc.], and consumables (brushes, tape, mixing buckets, etc.). Non member pricing starts at $400 per board. Email info@greenlightsurfsupply.com for more details.

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    500 bucks for a shipped 60% completed old school chambered wooden fish. Builder only needs to shape the remainder of the wooden blank then seal with resin or oil. Pre set fcs twin plugs. Pre set vent. Pre set leash cup.
    Wow man thats a pretty darn good deal. Nice to see you don't have the same pricing model/ego as Roy.

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    500 bucks for a shipped 60% completed old school chambered wooden fish. Builder only needs to shape the remainder of the wooden blank then seal with resin or oil. Pre set fcs twin plugs. Pre set vent. Pre set leash cup.
    I wouldn't pre-set the FCS plugs for two reasons.

First - i just think the board should be completely shaped, especially the hard rail edge and foiling before the fins location is finalized.

Second - fin location and toe in angle is matter of personal preference and depends on what twinnie fins you plan to install (i.e. keels, uprights, double foiled) Why not provide some suggestion on fin location, but leave the final decision to the rider.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post

First - i just think the board should be completely shaped, especially the hard rail edge and foiling before the fins location is finalized.

Second - fin location and toe in angle is matter of personal preference and depends on what twinnie fins you plan to install (i.e. keels, uprights, double foiled) Why not provide some suggestion on fin location, but leave the final decision to the rider.
    I agree with Mitchell but would also add the Futures kick FCS A$$!!!

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.

Hey Nick.
    I offer limited one on one classes if that interests you. I've had some very happy people go through the class and great feedback from everyone.

More info here: malwitzsurfboards.com/syob
    syob2.jpg
    Last edited by Malwitz; Jan 10, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post

Pre setting is fine to do before glassing or sealing on wooden boards in my opinion because once you set them into the blocks you still seal around them quite well it only requires you to be careful to not get resin in or on them, taping off the plug works too.. But usually your right it's not ideal but for someone who wants to shape a wooden blank and not fiddle around with routing hardware this option is good I think. Besides if you seal with oil this isn't as much a big deal.

And I've only sold one blank like this, it was upon request, I can put the plugs whit any toe angle really but it's simpler to set em in free running and suggest that the rider uses free running twins.. Keeping it simple and cheap is all. That's what people want withe surfboards I find, very pice sensitive.

As for positioning of the plugs in regard to the rails, I do the first rail bands with a router so it's accurate as to the finished rail shape in relation to the pre set fcs plugs.