LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wierdness

Images

wierdness

today me and a couple of my buddies went out surfing in bradley beach, nj.. we just went down to the beach to hang out but when we got there ...there was chest high waves peeling right and left...so of course we went home got our boards and came back to see the same chest high waves....i just thought this was kind of wierd because every website including swellinfo predicted today to be flat?

Question ????

Chest high???? Are you a ant or something?

Images

Question

pretty suprising as the buoys showing 2ft @ 4-5secs - thats weak sauce.

Was it consistent or just some random sets popping up every once in a while?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseysurfrat89 View Post
    today me and a couple of my buddies went out surfing in bradley beach, nj.. we just went down to the beach to hang out but when we got there ...there was chest high waves peeling right and left...so of course we went home got our boards and came back to see the same chest high waves....i just thought this was kind of wierd because every website including swellinfo predicted today to be flat?

jerseysurfrat89,

Chest i doubt that...but thigh - waist i can see.

Were you at the 4th ave. jetty today?

Cause that's the only place in BB that i can see you saying that. When it's mostly flat out that spot can magically produce some waves. As well as some other secret spots.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Jun 17, 2008 at 06:45 PM.

Ya but come on a chest high wave??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    Ya but come on a chest high wave??
    Agreed... no way. To the OP remember when you are paddling out you are 6" tall. So the wave will look bigger than it is.

Images
    as far as I can see, jersey is tiny today. not familiar with the spot you are speaking of, but there are some spots near inlets that can be much bigger than other areas with large tidal pushes. But, I'm not seeing much on the radar though.

Images
    yea i surfed at 4th....and it wasnt like chest high after chest high....i mean it was very consistent thigh to waist with occasional chest...like i said before it was wierd...but fun anyway

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    as far as I can see, jersey is tiny today. not familiar with the spot you are speaking of, but there are some spots near inlets that can be much bigger than other areas with large tidal pushes. But, I'm not seeing much on the radar though.
    NJ is tiny today. The spot he's talking about isn't directly near an inlet. And i didn't see it myself but I do believe him when he said there was a wave. Chest?....noways.... but i'm sure there was at least thigh to waist.

Also that spot has a wicked sand bar that was just recently created.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseysurfrat89 View Post
    yea i surfed at 4th....and it wasnt like chest high after chest high....i mean it was very consistent thigh to waist with occasional chest...like i said before it was wierd...but fun anyway

I am happy you scored at the least that. I wish I could even get a consistent waist high wave right about now...

Surfed like thigh high last thursday and that was it for weeks. I am going crazy.