LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Say what?

Images
    ya serisouly, this is nothing compared to Belmar, NJ

#OnlyinBelmar

This swell for SoCal is starting to look like a probable reality. The 19th and 20th are on the radar on MSW now too and both days are large with clean offshores and a perfect 5-star rating. I may have to move my flight up a few days earlier. Worth the cost.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Gotta be some kind of glitch
    Probably legit. Happens every couple years. Last time I saw a forecast like that was in 2010 (The second Big Wednesday of the 2000s). That is the biggest day I have ever surfed. I have video of legit 20-25 foot surf at Sunset Cliffs, but that year the swell lasted about 4 days. It read in the teens to 20s for 3 straight days. Matter of fact, that was the January month that it NEVER dropped below OH for the whole month. I remember after about 3 weeks of it, I was actually begging for some smaller surf. After every session that whole month, you had to just sit on the beach for a minute and thank god to be alive.... It got a little old after a while. Too many death defying situations on a daily out there.

I know about 2 spots in SD that can handle that kind of swell and I am sure you know what they are.... Hope you have a nice size gun to dust off. Man, have a blast man. Be safe. I bet you Thursday through Saturday will be fun an sh** with the clean up.... Damn I wish I could grab a plane ticket and ditch responsibility for a few days.

Images
    And sh**, it is happening on a Wednesday. That is crazy. The 2 other largest swells this millennium were on Wednesdays.... WTF is up with that?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Well hmm...I'm going to be in the LA area that week. I'm sure a little North of SD will still be pretty solid. Hmm...wonder if I can handle 27 footers?

Gotta be a glitch.
    Not a glitch... The actual size may fluctuate. It may even end up bigger if the swell gets a little more west to it. If it stays NW, it should be about what its predicting.... But remember, those NW swells don't hit LA. Everything north of La Jolla gets smaller and smaller as you head up the coast and you wont find size again until past SB.... If you are there and trying to crack the massive swell, you gotta go to La Jolla or South. If you are more sane, and want a manageable experience, then stay up in LA or OC. The swell will fill in and probably pretty fun and you want have to risk life and limb...

Man, anyone who is going to tackle this swell, on the real, be careful.... Its a very scary sight when you see a swell come like that... Its sounds awesome, but especially with such a huge gap in the prediction, the setup gets very freaky.... You will have lulls in the swell where the wave faces are breaking in the 15-18 foot range, based on the tides and you get comfortable out there once you get a few under your belt, then the rouge sets that are in the 25-27ft range coming swinging through and it creates havoc. I wish I had my damn DV tapes converted so I could post a video of a swell like this on here, but I filmed for about an hour once I was done for the day and I have footage of entire lineups being wipe away with the choppers and lifeguard speedboats rescuing people. You will be boardless and leashless for sure if you end up on the wrong side of those cleanup sets.... Even talking about it is getting me amped up... just be careful.,

Images
    I just texted my wife a picture of that swell prediction with a frowny face. She replied, it always happens on a Wednesday... Very proud husband right now. She really was paying attention all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    "5 to 6 times over head" ....Jesus....
    NJShredmachine is only mildly intrigued.

Images
    Its a glitch that's the Belmar forecast

Images
    Big Wesnesday, Sunset Cliffs 2010.

La Jolla Cove

Mas

Swamis

Blacks doing its thing

LJ COVE AGAIN

Two bad decisions on one wave at Blacks

Get ready boys!

Ya we have a possible 20+ footer rollin into the islands this upcoming thursday-friday according to the reports. We'll see how it goes. Look for the jaws footage im sure if the swell hits the jaws boys will be paddling out there.