LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by boogitym View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkkOBw5...%3DkkkOBw5j70w

Felt a need to prove it wasnt just drunken wedding dancing... People actually do this!

For real tho how many 34 yr old white surfers do this?

that's sick man! great job!

Images
    This happened after a leg burner in pavones...on the rocks. We got the bleeding to stop after 15 minutes...had some expat offer to sew it up with some fishing line but i declined. Happened on my 40th b-day...awesome present and the scar isn't too bad...at least its not on the face pavones rocks.jpg

Jumped off my board feet first after straightening out on an overhead closeout section at a shallow central American reefbreak. Was much shallower than I thought, like maybe knee deep. My left little toe caught a corner of the sharp reef and got ripped backwards, bone broken completely. It was flapping around like a useless appendage, and the skin between my toes had been torn open. Funny thing was, it didn't hurt much. I taped it to my next toe and surfed then next day and the rest of the trip.

Also, this one was scary last month. This is a very shallow reefbreak in Rhode Island, surfable only at high tide when it is still only inches deep. I had made a bunch of good ones this day, and got cocky and turned around to late takeoff on this one. Caught my rail and scorpioned, the lip ripped my eyelids open and removed both contact lenses. My head hit the reef really hard and I was bleeding through my hood. Luckily, I didn't get concussed and the cut wasn't deep enough for stitches. I still have a lump in the back of my head that makes wearing hats uncomfortable. The hood was repairable. It was a healthy flogging! IMG_0044 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Blackfishrider; Jan 11, 2014 at 11:12 PM.

Dude that pinky toe sounded raw ouch.