LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question for admin

As we all know in weather forecasting, relying on ONE weather model is a horrible way of forecasting. Since this site only uses the GFS, wouldn't it make more sense to have a forecast with at least the Euro as well? In fact it would be great if they were both on the same page. Gfs at top then euro right below that. This would also let us see the percentage chance of a swell occurring, rather than just seeing a bust or sudden pop up of a swell. This site would be 100 times better/more accurate if you did that. You could see proper model alignment rather than just what one model is pumping out. It would probably make this site twice as accurate doing that.

And I'm not talking about blending them. Show each models solution/forecast.

3. I thought it stated within "sharkys book of being a (warm) seasoned and disgruntled body boarder" that it only breaks a handful of times within your body boarding season, and that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better out in cali bro.

With that said, wouldn't such a disgruntled east coaster think its overkill to combine two swell models when there are rarely waves here?

Back in the day, when I was running the report, you used PM me regarding swell directions and where I surfed... Is there ever a day that you go and look at the ocean for yourself?

Combing the GFS with your own opinion on conditions is more accurate than anything else. Regradless of how many models are combined, you will never be able to trump the old school method. Then again it is cold outside and the showers aren't open at Scarborough this time of the year, so making that commute just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    I thought it stated within "sharkys book of being a (warm) seasoned and disgruntled body boarder" that it only breaks a handful of times within your body boarding season, and that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better out in cali bro.

With that said, wouldn't such a disgruntled east coaster think its overkill to combine two swell models when there are rarely waves here?

Back in the day, when I was running the report, you used PM me regarding swell directions and where I surfed... Is there ever a day that you go and look at the ocean for yourself?

Combing the GFS with your own opinion on conditions is more accurate than anything else. Regradless of how many models are combined, you will never be able to trump the old school method. Then again it is cold outside and the showers aren't open at Scarborough this time of the year, so making that commute just isn't worth it.
    Quit trolling my ****. The old school method would be to not even use this site at all.

Images
    We could use the euro, just need about $500,000 per year to get the data. Start selling lemonade. Hopefully the US models catch up to the euro model.

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    We could use the euro, just need about $500,000 per year to get the data. Start selling lemonade. Hopefully the US models catch up to the euro model.
    Omg...that's insane. I guess that's because you're using it for commercial purposes?

It's not just about which model is better. It's also about seeing if the different models line up and stay the same run to run. That is so important as you obviously know in a forecast.

I thought it stated within "sharkys book of being a (warm) seasoned and disgruntled body boarder" that it only breaks a handful of times within your body boarding season, and that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better out in cali bro.

FTW!

Start selling lemonade.
    FTW(squared)!

I understand you're kind of slow, so let me explain. It's more important to have a good forecast when there are rarely waves. You need to plan around waves with work ect. In Cali, a forecast is not nearly as important. Just go look at the ocean. You just can't handle that the east coast sucks compared to west. I tell it like I see it. Get over it.

I don't remember ever pm'ing you, but I do remember telling you stop blowing up spots and we were not friendly when you were on here last time. I didn't like you then and I don't like you now. Of course I don't like the majority of people on internet forums so there you go.

Images
    I made a model of my pen!s and I just use that for predicting swells.

How are amatuer mets with weather blogs able to get a hold of the data? It would cost you 500k just for data for fl and then md to ri on the east coast, which is the majority of people on here.