LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Suggestions on some new music .

Just looking for some new tunes . Anyone got some good bands in mind . I figure ask here even though its an off topic . And after what rcater posted in the balmar poop post . Its going to be difficult to beat .

what genre do you like best?

Images

anything really ? just looking to hear some good music . I really have no certain taste .

Images
    If you want surf music, rise against is my go to these days and for the past 3-4 years. They just get me amped up when I am going to surf. I put together an mp3 cd of their whole discography and out of like 90 tracks, I only skip one or two. They are solid. If you like more chill music, look up a band called Pasadena, or check out my old buddies from OB, Slightly Stoopid.

And if that doesn't work, go to some classic rock. never gets old. I loaded up my phone with about 50 of my favorite classic rock songs and that is for sure my non pre-surf goto playlist. That era just owns rock music still.

Look up JD McPherson and Deadly Birds

Images
    If you like stuff that you can picture yourself surfing to. Heres a couple of my favorite bands that have influenced my surfing a ton. ASG, Lagwagon, and Rancid. I have many more but these always get me pumped up to surf.

Thought they sounded different than the crap thats usually played on the radio

Gary Clark Jr for sure. Hendrix meets SRV. Check out his newest album Black & Blu. Heres he is doing Bright Lights from Clapton's Crossroads Festival:

There we go ! Variety is great , Never get bored of music when discovering new bands . Thanks , Three bands will be in my menu now . Andrewifallatol , Banman , and Rcarter . Those were good . Its funny Jd Pherson and J. Roddy Walston & The Business make me really want to go out and surf .