LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Muh favorite

#BelmarBeachDaze

Have no idea what you like... but... for something different...

Black Lips
    Japandroids
    King Krul
    Washed Out
    Chvurches

4. If you want some awesome south of the border vibes. Check out Rodrigo y Gabriela!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zVmDpqMeMk

Images
    its not the kind of music that's gonna pump you up to surf, and I'll admit its hipster, but I really dig just about anything by Grizzly Bear

Images
    Dudes, all of these new bands suck. Most are blatant rip-offs of others. I especially can't stand the Sublime rip-offs that seem to be popular with the edgy surfer types. And I don't just mean today's pop music sucks. It all sucks - the unknown/indie types, too. Oh and I'm not just commenting on the bands in this thread, I'm talking aboot all of them in music threads of past days. A few of these weren't as terrible as others, just boring.

It's all been done before. There's only so many power chords on a Les Paul.

But here's a hint: If your band doesn't have long hair, Marshall stacks, and serious drug problems then that band most likely sucks.

OP: Lock yourself in a dark room, get a bottle of vodka, and crank Black Sabbath's We Sold Our Soul For Rock N' Roll. You'll be ok then.

Oh, if any of you like Jack Johnson, I offer reprogramming classes once a month. I'll infuse you with life so you won't be drawn to borish dribble anymore. If you want to be a mellow hippy dude listen to Jefferson Airplane/Starship or something. At least "Don't you want somebody to love" will get you going. Plus, that chick was drunk as hell, which is part of the criteria for a good band..

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    this one's for PJB!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    "I'm a Rocker"

Check out dinosaur jr. Albums beyond and farm. Crumble from beyond is a good place to start. First heard the band in a surf edit and it turns out the band is thoroughly good. Grunge style. My favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Dudes, all of these new bands suck. Most are blatant rip-offs of others. I especially can't stand the Sublime rip-offs that seem to be popular with the edgy surfer types. And I don't just mean today's pop music sucks. It all sucks - the unknown/indie types, too. Oh and I'm not just commenting on the bands in this thread, I'm talking aboot all of them in music threads of past days. A few of these weren't as terrible as others, just boring.

It's all been done before. There's only so many power chords on a Les Paul.

But here's a hint: If your band doesn't have long hair, Marshall stacks, and serious drug problems then that band most likely sucks.

OP: Lock yourself in a dark room, get a bottle of vodka, and crank Black Sabbath's We Sold Our Soul For Rock N' Roll. You'll be ok then.

Oh, if any of you like Jack Johnson, I offer reprogramming classes once a month. I'll infuse you with life so you won't be drawn to borish dribble anymore. If you want to be a mellow hippy dude listen to Jefferson Airplane/Starship or something. At least "Don't you want somebody to love" will get you going. Plus, that chick was drunk as hell, which is part of the criteria for a good band..
    spot on pjb.I never heard of any of these bands listed above.if the lead singer doesn't have 40 dui's,and multiple drug arrests,then they probably suck.i listen to just about everything except these nondescript bands u only hear on forums.most of my favorite bands are dead due to overdoses.alice in chains,sublime,blind melon,etc.slightly stoopid is a good band.shyt the rolling stones,u watch any of their music videos and the only thing I can think is speedball.idk how they are still alive.ozzy will outlive miley cyrus.I think the best music for a pre surf warmup would be anything u could mosh out to.i like sounds of silence from simon n Garfunkel,the scene from the movie with will Farrell,oldskool I think,where he gets shot with a dart and falls in the pool.i play that in my head during a heavy wipeout to calm the nerves and prolong oxygen.