LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Not new by any means but this is my go to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnkUsFCu50&feature=kp

Love this album...had it since mid-90s!!! RKL-Reactivate

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    That sounds like some teeny boper BS pop song. Bet you also like Foster The People, One Direction and Mumford and Sons don't ya?
    No, not at all. Heres a better song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OuHgLq0PCg Just guitar, no editing at all.

Grommet that's some good guit fiddle and especially the dozen string. Sounds like Extreme who have great guit.

His other jam sounds like some trendy Jason Mraz jive.

Images
    At least someone respects his music.

yeah but will Will Evans be confused with this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    At least someone respects his music.
    Bro. Keep the waters clean at this break. I gave props where deserved to good art form. No need to yap at the elder locals lest they no longer let you drop in on any thread you choose. SI is having a good week, don't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    No, not at all. Heres a better song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OuHgLq0PCg Just guitar, no editing at all.
    Okay that was some good slide playing but it furthers my point. He is playing a single kick drum just like Mumford and Sons. He has some good guitar chops but your first link was to a crappy pop love type song. Kind of reminds me of John Mayer. That dude can play some blues (check out his Trio if you have not) but then puts out tons of top 40 crap. Still think he is a "flavor of the month" kind of artist.

Some old stuff. by a crazy limey troll:
    "I come awake
    with a gift for womankind.
    You're still asleep,
    the gift don't really mind"

I had the pleasure of catching Gary Numan over Halloween. He is currently touring his latest album Splinter.

Numan opened for Nine Inch Nails and blew Trent and the boys away. The new album, (which I immediately purchased) is a true return to form for the Great Man. Towering synths that hang in the air like skyscrapers. Roaring guitars mark a return to the glory days of the Tubeway Army.

Recommended to any fans of NIN. Essentially, Trent Reznor has pinched a lot of his game from Gary. This is melodic, industrial disco/metal. There is so much more to this man than "Cars".

Standout tracks: I Am Dust, Everything Comes Down to This, and Love Hurt Bleed.

Check it out but beware, do not take this music lightly. You have been warned!

Slide on.