LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    About due for a thread hijacking by the gnome...I can hear the sheep going crzy even from here...
    Unlikely brah. He's apparently boycotting SI being sour grapes from the MOY voting. Grandiose delusion is a beautiful thing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    Tomorrows gonna be good again..
    W winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Mainly in se swell with a dominant period of 9 seconds.
    That's awfully definitive. I'm guessing you are the type of person that brings bananas on boats without a second thought.

Images
    Originally Posted by MakeItStop
    uh? anyone who wants to surf more than one day a week in less rubber than a tire factory?

I got a bud who has lived in PR the last 6 years and he said the crowd factor is sooo bad..... that yes I will take sessions like we have had over PR if there are 400 guys out at Marias... I've been there 2 x a year the last 30 years and it rocks but from what I hear Jersey has been better
    I thought that was funny and I'm the guy wearing all the rubber.

You're saying everywhere you can surf in trunks is crowded like Maria's with 400 surfers? That may not be accurate.
    Last edited by Doug; Jan 14, 2014 at 12:45 AM.

warm water wipeouts are fun.40 degree wipeouts,not so nice.who cares if u wear a thick outerskin,makes u float better and keeps u warm.i always hear about these "ice cream headaches" and don't know wtf that is.most of my winter sessions consist of going over the falls on a closeout 7 out of 10 waves so I spend a lot of time underwater.maybe u get headaches when your not moving around or something,idk never bothered me

I'm not going to make any friends on this one, but still jumping in with both feet because the thread's been hijacked anyway.

1) That weather forecast means nothing. There are other places to surf in PR besides Maria's. On second thought, no there aren't.

2) I don't know who's worse, the guy who glamorizes smack, or the one who characterizes every drug addict as "complete piles of garbage". Drugs are really, really bad. Seen it with my own eyes. But I have known many addicts and very few of them are, intrinsically, piles of garbage. Many are really nice people who made some really bad life choices and have paid the price. Most were turned into piles of garbage by the substances they abuse.

Props to the Z guy on quitting- one of only two guys on this thread worth reading. The other is the guy who posted the pics: awesome waves, just a little too cold and brown for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sailquik View Post
    I'm not going to make any friends on this one, but still jumping in with both feet because the thread's been hijacked anyway.

1) That weather forecast means nothing. There are other places to surf in PR besides Maria's. On second thought, no there aren't.

2) I don't know who's worse, the guy who glamorizes smack, or the one who characterizes every drug addict as "complete piles of garbage". Drugs are really, really bad. Seen it with my own eyes. But I have known many addicts and very few of them are, intrinsically, piles of garbage. Many are really nice people who made some really bad life choices and have paid the price. Most were turned into piles of garbage by the substances they abuse.

Props to the Z guy on quitting- one of only two guys on this thread worth reading. The other is the guy who posted the pics: awesome waves, just a little too cold and brown for me.

Well! Now that that's settled.

Images
    Hey Dudeskis!! Can we get back to talking about how good the waves are in Belmar,NJ- instead of pulling each others hair??

Can't we all just get along (in Belmar,NJ)?

Quote Originally Posted by sailquik View Post

Bro, do you even surf?

Your bud is right if he moved to Marias and doesn't have a car. If you there's fairly empty waves every day within 30 minutes.

I got a bud who has lived in PR the last 6 years and he said the crowd factor is sooo bad..... that yes I will take sessions like we have had over PR if there are 400 guys out at Marias... I've been there 2 x a year the last 30 years and it rocks but from what I hear Jersey has been better

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro, do you even surf?
    Not in Belmar, so I guess not.