LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

etiquette dont paddle for a wave and then pull back tell the guy to go if your not

going to go. The most annoying thing is when a person will start paddling hard to get a set and then last second before the drop pull back thus ****ing it up for everyone and sometimes you have to wait for these sets. I dont understand why someone wont say "hey go its your wave" I always do this if I am paddling and realize i am too deep I scream for the other person to go. somemany people do this and it costs everyone a lot of waves. I am not saying I am kelly slater by any means but if I go I go even if I eat ****. I dont care if you eat **** at least go since your are already commited or tell the other person to go. Dont know why this is not common etiquette especially in these crowded days.

Images
    Agreed...hate to say it, and if I see someone do that more than once (especially if they're waves I was in position for and passed on thinking they were going) I just assume they'll miss everything thereafter.

Images
    Because people are the worst. Sometimes you surf with really cool strangers and you are on the same level, and sometimes you are next to a dude who was sponsored before high school and now he's super bitter, slamming the water, cursing up a storm, and doesn't smile the hour he's out because he can't get over the wave he just blew. Flip a coin, and hopefully it doesn't land on complete Richard. If you are lucky you end up having a blast sharing waves with random strangers.
    Last edited by Mattyb; Jan 13, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

Images
    THIS usually never happens in Belmar, NJ...

but I do know what your talking about- I find that it happens more so in the warmer water with the Summer Pros (oh how I miss those summer pros...). Sometimes you get the guy that has to sit right next to you- and every wave that you paddle for- he automatically starts going for it too, just because he has priority- without even looking! So I usually paddle for a smaller close out and let him have it - or I drop in on him on a good wave so he gets the message...

that's why I like Belmar, NJ so much- everyone there is super cool

If I am surfing alone (which I wuz yesterday) and I go for a wave and I eat it but no one is around to see it, do I still make a sound?
    if I am surfing with one other person and I go but then don't go then that guy hoes but then doesn't go and then we both go and then not go, what happens then?
    If there is a god and he is omnipotent, can he create a wave he cannot surf?

Angry right you are - don't' let 'em get away with it….

if its my priority and I'm' trying but don't catch it and i know others are in line…i always
    either tell them or shake my head no (which most seem to understand)…I'M THE ONLY GUY
    WHO DOES THIS….WHY? Don't know; i assume its the accumulated baggage of experience
    combined w/manners combined w/dontdomelikedat…..been there,done that,lived the
    consequences which i find boring and little to do w/actual surfing.

when (usually its intermediates) i encounter a foul along these lines i toss an imaginary
    penalty flag at the offender and tell them what they did. half the time its being clueless, the
    other half vindictive.

If I think Iam going to be to deep, i will tell the other guy to go...wish others would do this...I have dropped on a few that I knew were way to deep and never had a problem with the other rider.
    Last edited by mrcoop; Jan 13, 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlerhody View Post
    going to go. The most annoying thing is when a person will start paddling hard to get a set and then last second before the drop pull back thus ****ing it up for everyone and sometimes you have to wait for these sets. I dont understand why someone wont say "hey go its your wave" I always do this if I am paddling and realize i am too deep I scream for the other person to go. somemany people do this and it costs everyone a lot of waves. I am not saying I am kelly slater by any means but if I go I go even if I eat ****. I dont care if you eat **** at least go since your are already commited or tell the other person to go. Dont know why this is not common etiquette especially in these crowded days.
    you know its not as black and white as you say.... sometimes a late drop can be made and sometimes it can't and one doesnt know till its the last moment. but yeah its better business if one plays it more friendly like and opts to not risk the late takeoff when in the crowd and others are in better spots down the line.

Haha this can be such a pet peeve. Honestly, I don't hoot for waves but when I do I'm sittin too deep but want the wave. I typically hate everyone so my attention getting mechanism is to make "you" pay attention and not let the wave go to waste. Isn't that right 757surfer?

P.s. - 757 has good manners. Y'all should be more like him

10. If I can't have it, no one can! Stay off my wave kook, even if I miss it it's still mine... mine! All mine!

Seriously though, talk about 1st world problems..