LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    ...the fundamental issue is why is telling people information a bad thing? it's 2014, making surfing open source.
    I think our pal wayne the insane has the same feelings about "information." In his eyes, he's just sharing what he's discovered/learned over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    I think our pal wayne the insane has the same feelings about "information." In his eyes, he's just sharing what he's discovered/learned over the years.
    please don't compare this to some fundie bible thumper trying to convert. i'm spreading facts that dude is spreading stories.

Delivery is everything bud. "Spreading knowledge" is one thing, but the way you went about is completely over the top, obnoxious, and it's almost like you're backpedaling to zaGaffers response above. "Spreading knowledge is talking to people in the water or even going as far as commenting on this forum to someone who said they surfed a particular break Sunday and you scored 1 jetty north of them. It surprises me that you've been surfing for 30 years and don't get it. I've shared knowledge with people before as well but not publicly on the internet. You're right that these places aren't "secret" by any means but advertising their whereabouts is just plain wrong......and for being in the water for 30 years you should know that. Bad juju buddy. Bad juju.

If you feel so good and helpful about this service your dOing, you should give your name and address. So everyone can send thank you notes and fruit baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean T View Post
    Delivery is everything bud. "Spreading knowledge" is one thing, but the way you went about is completely over the top, obnoxious, and it's almost like you're backpedaling to zaGaffers response above. "Spreading knowledge is talking to people in the water or even going as far as commenting on this forum to someone who said they surfed a particular break Sunday and you scored 1 jetty north of them. It surprises me that you've been surfing for 30 years and don't get it. I've shared knowledge with people before as well but not publicly on the internet. You're right that these places aren't "secret" by any means but advertising their whereabouts is just plain wrong......and for being in the water for 30 years you should know that. Bad juju buddy. Bad juju.
    this is a rebellion against the backwards "this is mine" or "you didn't earn it" mentality that you're talking about.

please don't compare this to some fundie bible thumper trying to convert. i'm spreading facts that dude is spreading stories.
    its the same thing

i'm not asking for followers or trying to gain anything from this. its more a refusal to follow the silly "rules" of surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Radderbsurfin View Post
    If you feel so good and helpful about this service your dOing, you should give your name and address. So everyone can send thank you notes and fruit baskets.

that's kind of weird but ok:

Mike Stanley
    902 Heck Ave Apt 2A
    Ocean Grove NJ 07756

I have a gluten allergy so keep that in mind when sending the items i guess.

this is a rebellion against the backwards "this is mine" or "you didn't earn it" mentality that you're talking about.
    Ahhh, ok.. is there anything else you can help us with today?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean T View Post
    Ahhh, ok.. is there anything else you can help us with today?
    sure. what do you need a hand with?