LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 152
  1. #121
    surfing went downhill when cell phones came out. get your ass out there and search for yourself. people who have surfed in a spot for as long as they can remember are locals and can and will pick out the best waves. get over it. its like that everywhere in the world. no one likes out of towners who show up at their spot. no one i know anyway.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,297
    the influx glut at bay head is definitely due to surfline and local 'pros.' the place is ruined with crowds all year, even though it's a very difficult wave that often breaks like crap.the pier has an equal influx glut for the same reason.right over the bridge,blown up on surfline. ihl has had a weird history since day 1, not that I should talk, but this new weirdness is pretty telling and shows he is disturbed. I think the Belmar cam makes a crowd, and spring lake gets too much publicity as well. I just wonder if all these youngsters are going to thin out over the winters once they realize it's too often too cold and too crowded and not very good,a lot.i see the kooks sit out there like 100 strong all day in bay head and catch nothing sometimes. things have changed, but no one ever comes to my fogbog crumble here,so it depends on where you choose to paddle out.

  3. #123
    bayhead is probably the best example of a place that was pretty unknown for a long while and in the last couple of years has blown up.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    the post doesn't violate any of the terms of service or forum rules. just cause people don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be taken down.

    sort of feeling like this:

    Narcissists always believe they're the way & the truth, that no one understands them & that people are out to 'get them.' Say hello to your clinical analysis, goober.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    21N 158W give or take
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    bayhead is probably the best example of a place that was pretty unknown for a long while and in the last couple of years has blown up.
    bayhead was in surfing magazine in 1990

  6. #126
    you guys should go after surfing for exploiting it then right?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    273
    I've begun typing assorted disgust-filled responses on this thread countless times today...every time I've reminded myself not to reward the attention-starved loser who started this (sorry dude, I don't know you, but after today, I know enough). You don't need anyone to explain to you why typing a detailed description of the surf spots in an area isn't cool. "It doesn't violate any SwellInfo terms of service" Are you f-ing kidding me? I still don't know how bad of a troll job this is, and if it's pure troll, then sir, that was a gem. Otherwise.....

    The reason I finally wanted to post though, is you are just blatantly overlooking the fact that you're putting people at risk doing this. I don't have a personal stake in your blowing up what are apparently already well-known NJ surf sports, I don't live in NJ anyway, and I think your entitled "Good Samaritan", ocean-access-for-all shtick is bogus, but it's not as simple as ocean access for all, wherever and whenever they like, so everyone can enjoy the waves. Crowded waves are dangerous waves. Who do you think are you helping?

    If someone doesn't surf enough to know all of the spots within A SINGLE COUNTY they live in or near, well, odds are they probably don't have enough experience in the water to surf all of those breaks in a manner that's safe, both for them AND for those in the lineup around them (read: the people who are f-ing pissed you're offering a IHateLongBoarder's Surf Travel Guide to Monmouth County for the bargain price of a few page impressions to whet your appetite for attention). You're inviting influxes of novice level surfers at spots they're not ready for, or at the least just increasing overcrowding. Maybe those spots are well known among experienced surfers, and are still crowded, but putting up a PSA saying "Want to surf? Lots of the surfers in the area surf here" is asking for people to paddle out where they don't belong (physically and ability-wise, not according to locals, which is another story) and is bordering on irresponsible.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    21N 158W give or take
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    you guys should go after surfing for exploiting it then right?
    they didnt name the street dipsh!t

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    I've begun typing assorted disgust-filled responses on this thread countless times today...every time I've reminded myself not to reward the attention-starved loser who started this (sorry dude, I don't know you, but after today, I know enough). You don't need anyone to explain to you why typing a detailed description of the surf spots in an area isn't cool. "It doesn't violate any SwellInfo terms of service" Are you f-ing kidding me? I still don't know how bad of a troll job this is, and if it's pure troll, then sir, that was a gem. Otherwise.....

    The reason I finally wanted to post though, is you are just blatantly overlooking the fact that you're putting people at risk doing this. I don't have a personal stake in your blowing up what are apparently already well-known NJ surf sports, I don't live in NJ anyway, and I think your entitled "Good Samaritan", ocean-access-for-all shtick is bogus, but it's not as simple as ocean access for all, wherever and whenever they like, so everyone can enjoy the waves. Crowded waves are dangerous waves. Who do you think are you helping?

    If someone doesn't surf enough to know all of the spots within A SINGLE COUNTY they live in or near, well, odds are they probably don't have enough experience in the water to surf all of those breaks in a manner that's safe, both for them AND for those in the lineup around them (read: the people who are f-ing pissed you're offering a IHateLongBoarder's Surf Travel Guide to Monmouth County for the bargain price of a few page impressions to whet your appetite for attention). You're inviting influxes of novice level surfers at spots they're not ready for, or at the least just increasing overcrowding. Maybe those spots are well known among experienced surfers, and are still crowded, but putting up a PSA saying "Want to surf? Lots of the surfers in the area surf here" is asking for people to paddle out where they don't belong (physically and ability-wise, not according to locals, which is another story) and is bordering on irresponsible.
    This.

    Although trying to levy logic & reason with the OP is an exercise in futility.

  10. #130
    The Definitive Guide to Being a DooshBag on the Internet:



    You need to take that longboard and beat whoever told you this thread was a good idea.


    Ohhh ya gave me your address . . . . . .
    Ima burn ya ****ing house dowwwwn!!!!