LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    I've begun typing assorted disgust-filled responses on this thread countless times today...every time I've reminded myself not to reward the attention-starved loser who started this (sorry dude, I don't know you, but after today, I know enough). You don't need anyone to explain to you why typing a detailed description of the surf spots in an area isn't cool. "It doesn't violate any SwellInfo terms of service" Are you f-ing kidding me? I still don't know how bad of a troll job this is, and if it's pure troll, then sir, that was a gem. Otherwise.....

The reason I finally wanted to post though, is you are just blatantly overlooking the fact that you're putting people at risk doing this. I don't have a personal stake in your blowing up what are apparently already well-known NJ surf sports, I don't live in NJ anyway, and I think your entitled "Good Samaritan", ocean-access-for-all shtick is bogus, but it's not as simple as ocean access for all, wherever and whenever they like, so everyone can enjoy the waves. Crowded waves are dangerous waves. Who do you think are you helping?

If someone doesn't surf enough to know all of the spots within A SINGLE COUNTY they live in or near, well, odds are they probably don't have enough experience in the water to surf all of those breaks in a manner that's safe, both for them AND for those in the lineup around them (read: the people who are f-ing pissed you're offering a IHateLongBoarder's Surf Travel Guide to Monmouth County for the bargain price of a few page impressions to whet your appetite for attention). You're inviting influxes of novice level surfers at spots they're not ready for, or at the least just increasing overcrowding. Maybe those spots are well known among experienced surfers, and are still crowded, but putting up a PSA saying "Want to surf? Lots of the surfers in the area surf here" is asking for people to paddle out where they don't belong (physically and ability-wise, not according to locals, which is another story) and is bordering on irresponsible.

this is the most succinct, comprehensive and beautiful response in here and i agree with you to a point. my one disagreement is that the idea of putting people at risk is in there own hands.

everyone knows where everest is but they're not all climbing it.

You live in OG... conveniently, you say both OG and Asbury don't have good surf.

First of all, that's bad info. Second, your justification for blowing up all these spots is to make the point that everybody thinks they "own" their local spot up here. Well... not everybody does. And the unintended consequences of putting out this (selective) information is that you could end up punishing all of us for attitudes of the few. I say COULD because I doubt it will have any real effect on the crowd. But it does pi$$ people off, which is what I think you're really after here.

In the summer it's a zoo anyway... in the winter you can always find a decent wave with nobody, or very few people out. So go ahead... have fun...
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jan 15, 2014 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    This.

Although trying to levy logic & reason with the OP is an exercise in futility.
    here are the main beefs everyone has in the thread, in no particular order:

You're not suppose to tell them where it is. by doing this you're making it easy

You're telling people that shouldn't know the information, this is something that should be earned not given

This information in the wrong hands could affect crowds and in turn get people hurt

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    this is the most succinct, comprehensive and beautiful response in here and i agree with you totally. my one disagreement is that the idea of putting people at risk is in there own hands.

everyone knows where everest is but they're not all climbing it.
    Come off it. That's not a legitimate comparison and you know it. If you've surfed for 30+ years, then you damn well know that plenty of people who aren't good enough to be in lineups have figured out ways to get there. Well-timed lull between sets, nice thick skull, whatever it may be, they get there, and they put other people at risk.

While I agree with your notion that it's in their hands if they're putting others in harm's way, you're giving them the bullet to load the gun.

here are the main beefs everyone has in the thread, in no particular order:

You're not suppose to tell them where it is. by doing this you're making it easy

You're telling people that shouldn't know the information, this is something that should be earned not given

This information in the wrong hands could affect crowds and in turn get people hurt
    Go to your bathroom mirror, and repeat until it's time for your warm milk & beddy-bye-time:
    "I'm me and I'm right."

douchebag.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Go to your bathroom mirror, and repeat until it's time for your warm milk & beddy-bye-time:
    "I'm me and I'm right."
    i took your advice. started doing it but this guy showed up

i took your advice. started doing it but this guy showed up

You're sharing a studio apartment with chucka-boo-boo....?!?

Quote Originally Posted by beerndwata View Post
    The Definitive Guide to Being a DooshBag on the Internet:

You need to take that longboard and beat whoever told you this thread was a good idea.

Ohhh ya gave me your address . . . . . .
    Ima burn ya ****ing house dowwwwn!!!!
    You aren't going to do anything. Stick to weak surfer retribution like waxing windows. You guys sound like a bunch of women with all the *****in here. Relax!

You read the forum rules? All this coming from a guy who tried to call southjettybob but called the long branch police dept instead! Then complained he almost got in trouble. I surfed pullman sunday. It was crowded. Want empty ... Wake up earlier.. Dont b a d!ck....

Only getting worse out there... Gotta b creative.

This isnt creative.... I cant help but think your really not trying to help anyone

Where is PJB?