LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Excuse me while I go refill Yankee's moma's water bowl. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    Jenks - while not really monmouth county, its just over the bridge. located in point pleasant, it's the first beach next to the manasquan inlet. This place is super easy to get to a has TONS of parking. literally, there's a huge lot right there. gets good on all swell directions and actually works best with combo swells. (wedge city!)

Manasquan Inlet - Last beach in monmouth county and the only point break besides sandy hook. gets really good on south swells and has turned into herself of 20 years ago latley with the beach replenishment. good amount of parking too.

Sea Girt - handful of spots that could work on the right swell but mostly, just skip it.

Spring Lake - SL has one of the longer stretches of beach in moco and has a few good spots. The big pipe is between SL and sea girt. Theres a great parking lot at the end of ocean ave in SL. park there walk down and you'll see it on your left. lots of kids think this place is sick. further down you go there's E&S (the huge senior place on ocean ave) that gets pretty good. Washington Ave is where all the old dudes on logs go to relieve the summer of 62' and north end pavilion can get good too.

Belmar - you dudes already know the deal

Avon - L JETTTTTY - seriously if its a south swell and you're not at the L Jetty something is wrong with you. tons of parking on the street and a pretty easy paddle too!

Bradley Beach - 1st-5th has its moments but it's the beach right after that where you can find a few good sandbars.

OG - pier is dead. there's still a sand bar or two around but this place is for the birds

Asbury Park - handful of sand bars that'll break when it's firing but overall it's pretty mushy and gutless

Loch Arbor - for some reason a crew of old dudes think this place is the east coast malibu, it's not but you should totally go check it out the next time there are waves. TONS of parking.

Deal - Phillips ave, Rosevelt Ave, and whitehall ave all have there moments. long jettys catch angled swell and can occasionally throw you some longer waves

West End, Long Branch - you know the spot, where the mister softee and windmill is. yea dudes right there!! it gets sick at the pit. there is a ton of parking around there too.

Monmouth Beach - Cottage Rd ya'll! drive up ocean ave, pass the beach club on the right and boom cottage ave! this is the spot all the \"super cool dude bodyboard bros\" love to ride when it's big. not much in the way of parking so get there early and let the other dudes figure it out.

Sandy Hook - THE COVE! when you have a good south swell there is no where else you want to go. place peels for days and is just what the dr ordered for regular footers everywhere.
    I don't get this. Like, I think there's an attempt at witty sarcasm here or a means to start a web fight, but maybe you're really retarded or 16 years old and don't know any better? Plus, for anyone considering your post spot-burning material or whatever, they're retarded too. And one final thing...Your todally uber ripper/shredder-bud handle "ihatelongboarders" is a joke. Every surfer worth their weight in salt owns a longboard...Whether it be their every-day board of choice, or a board they can cruise on during small days, or a rehab board for injury, you need one. Learn to ride everything, with style, if possible.

That is all...Carry on. Nothing else to see here people.

i don't know why people keep thinking this is a troll. it's not. for the umpteenth time, it's about spreading knowledge, educating people about whats around them and allowing open access for all.

not sure if you read the whole thread salty but i already said the username is a joke. i own 4 longboards and tend to ride them much more often then shortboards.

i don't know why people keep thinking this is a troll. it's not. for the umpteenth time, it's about spreading knowledge, educating people about whats around them and allowing open access for all.

not sure if you read the whole thread salty but i already said the username is a joke. i own 4 longboards and tend to ride them much more often then shortboards.
    Oh, that's good to know you're name is a joke. Your review of spots is kinda wack though, in particular about Manasquan. A point break? Fo realz? I dunno man, that's my two cents. I'm not here to argue. You can spread all the knowledge you want I suppose, if that's what you want to call it. As long as you're not being a sarcastic d00sher, and have good intentions, then, you go girl.

the inlet isn't exactly malibu but for this area, it's the longest breaking wave when it's working right. with the sand being pumped i anticipate this fall will be pretty epic down there on good, hard angled south swells.

the 'jenks militia' ha! is gonna get pissed. they deserve it. nice guys. but actually too cool for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    the 'jenks militia' ha! is gonna get pissed. they deserve it. nice guys. but actually too cool for this forum.
    it's guys like that which are the impetus behind writing this all out. those guys are the worst! way "too cool for school"

Images
    I'm not trying to have a mob show up at someone's spot. I'm just trying to show everyone that there are a bunch of spots in moco. expand your horizons and you may find something fun!
    Agreed that there's no more "secret spots" left. And people who want to find out where to go surf are perfectly capable of finding those resources out there ala surfline, stormrider's guide, asking a local. But is it really necessary to adverstise street names and only further add to crowd factor?

I can sort of understand if you're using trying to do reverse psychology by advertising lots of other monco spots so you can thin the crowd at the inlet or jenks, but that just seems misguided. My point is most spots are already blown up and crowded, so do we really need to blow them up anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    Shredder Buds. All best friends. All ride the same looking board. Straight-up loc'd out shredder BUDS! YEWWW! I used to surf there every once in a while. Now I don't even bother.

4 guys total out at queen street in cape may on a tiny crap day and this 'local' probably from oc is paddling literally up my ass while i'm sitting on my board with his crap firewire because he thinks it's indestructible,he's at least 50 years old and vibing full violence and i'm just like what the? then there's the all anger nastiness of the jenks crew, a few jerks at the pier, and even a handful at family-friendly Manasquan. I figured this is why ihl did this. if i'm a first jetty lighthouse local why would I get pissed off that it's got visitors? what would you expect at jenks,the pier, the inlet or queen street on a north wind for that matter? the crowds self-regulate at this point with the influx glut, as most get fed up and surf elsewhere because it's no fun for them. I paddle out at Manasquan, catch a handful of waves in 90 minutes, get out, puke and go home. it's not fun,but I surfed some good waves when my beach is unrideable.