Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 149
  1. #81
    If you feel so good and helpful about this service your dOing, you should give your name and address. So everyone can send thank you notes and fruit baskets.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean T View Post
    Delivery is everything bud. "Spreading knowledge" is one thing, but the way you went about is completely over the top, obnoxious, and it's almost like you're backpedaling to zaGaffers response above. "Spreading knowledge is talking to people in the water or even going as far as commenting on this forum to someone who said they surfed a particular break Sunday and you scored 1 jetty north of them. It surprises me that you've been surfing for 30 years and don't get it. I've shared knowledge with people before as well but not publicly on the internet. You're right that these places aren't "secret" by any means but advertising their whereabouts is just plain wrong......and for being in the water for 30 years you should know that. Bad juju buddy. Bad juju.
    this is a rebellion against the backwards "this is mine" or "you didn't earn it" mentality that you're talking about.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    please don't compare this to some fundie bible thumper trying to convert. i'm spreading facts that dude is spreading stories.
    its the same thing

  4. #84
    i'm not asking for followers or trying to gain anything from this. its more a refusal to follow the silly "rules" of surfing.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Radderbsurfin View Post
    If you feel so good and helpful about this service your dOing, you should give your name and address. So everyone can send thank you notes and fruit baskets.

    that's kind of weird but ok:

    Mike Stanley
    902 Heck Ave Apt 2A
    Ocean Grove NJ 07756


    I have a gluten allergy so keep that in mind when sending the items i guess.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    this is a rebellion against the backwards "this is mine" or "you didn't earn it" mentality that you're talking about.
    Ahhh, ok.. is there anything else you can help us with today?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean T View Post
    Ahhh, ok.. is there anything else you can help us with today?
    sure. what do you need a hand with?

  8. #88
    There's a huge difference between not being a "local" douche and acting like you own the ocean. That guy is a complete a$$hole.
    Then there's the other end of the spectrum where someone creates a post giving directions and info on every wave in an are. This is you. That guys more of a douche than the Nazi local punk.

    Nobody asked. So who do you think you're helping?
    You claim to be helping, but all you're doing is annoying people. I'm the least localized person I know (I claim Cape May - Montauk as my local spots) and I think it's a scumbag move.

    I have been surfing all over NY and NJ for 20 years and have never had an issue with "locals." Who are the people that you consider the problem?

    I know you're probably laughing because you are obviously just trying to get a rise out of people. Well done

  9. #89
    it's a scumbag move because i told people where waves break? i don't consider "locals" a problem, heck i'm a local. what i have issue with is the "secret spot" mentality or the "you're not supposed to surf here" mentality. i organized a bunch of info on the internet already into a centralized and easily understandable medium.

    i don't understand the "but you're not supposed to tell them" argument from everyone. that is some silly rule like not wearing white after labor day.

  10. #90
    dont drink clear rum after labor ay, gotta drink the dark stuff

    and surfing is about exploring, if you tell people what sandbars are firing you are RUINING their sense of exploration, and RUINING it for the people that check block after block and sandbar after sandbar to find the best set up. You are spoonfeeding KOOKS info that BROS took time to find out.

    finding out for yourself is a great way to learn, so not only have you robbed people of the learning experience, you are likely sending kooks to places that have established lineup hierarchies. you dont believe in them, that is fine (just dont surf Hawaii). The lineup is one of the last places where money and physical strength have no merit. its all about reputation and time you put in there. but thanks for making it like disneyland or golf.
    KOOK!

    no matter how you spin it and justify it, you are a kook