LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glamorous?

Hybrid View

Images

Glamorous?

I lost my best friend to heroin. There is nothing cool about it, I promise.

The opiate based pills that so many people gobble these days are the same thing. Pill users like to kid themselves about that.

Information about opiate use and addiction isn't top secret. I'll never understand why a person would choose to make a perilous left turn down Opiate Way, knowing it's a bad street.

http://www.oceancountysignal.com/201...county-deaths/

Agreed on the perils. And well-said, D. But where is this thread coming from...?

Just wondering if I missed something other than MIS going Defcon8 on Billy, with Spicoli attempting to referee.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Agreed on the perils. And well-said, D. But where is this thread coming from...?

Just wondering if I missed something other than MIS going Defcon8 on Billy, with Spicoli attempting to referee.
    Oh, not there really. Oops. The word came from there I guess. I heard the sirens yesterday in Seaside for one of the deaths and someone just sent me the link. I just wanted to share this link and a few thoughts on dope. This is a bad batch and I don't like when people die. Not spreading potentially life saving information of this nature seems evil. Admittedly, I'm not cool with glorifying opiates in any way. Strange, I know.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/20...situation.html
    Last edited by Doug; Jan 14, 2014 at 02:33 AM.

Images
    Mitigating this issue can be tricky. I believe "loving the sinner, hating the sin" is a best, yet challenging approach. With addicts it is dicey & requires wisdom & discernment, as they are enslaved to a cruel master.

BTW, well said Doug. Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Mitigating this issue can be tricky. I believe "loving the sinner, hating the sin" is a best, yet challenging approach. With addicts it is dicey & requires wisdom & discernment, as they are enslaved to a cruel master.

BTW, well said Doug. Sorry about the loss of your friend.
    Well said yourself! Thanks for the positive vibes guys.

Josh was a legend the day I met him. My friends Kieth, Eric, and myself were in the locker room after gym carrying on like we always did when the new kid came busting through us, flipped over onto his back, held a lighter to his a$$, and out came a big blue flame. We loved it of coarse, and he invited us to his house after school that day. We went. He quickly became my main homie until we lost him at 27. He had a knack for reciting great stories in our lives that I didn't remember, so when we lost him, a chunk of these crazy/funny stories went with him.

I love you and I miss you Josh. I hope we can still have a beer in heaven, whatever or wherever that may be.

Good luck finding affordable rehab. The only thing that saved the junkies in my family was being tossed in the hoosgow for a few months. What a coincidence that there's another conflict in Asia and another heroin out break in Yoo Ess. Mission Accomplished.

"The dealer is a man with a lot of grass in his hand, but the Pusher is a monster...God damn the Pusher man!" That goes out to all those M.D.s out there giving out scrips of Oxys. They are worse than the street thugs. Sorry for your loss Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    "The dealer is a man with a lot of grass in his hand, but the Pusher is a monster...God damn the Pusher man!" That goes out to all those M.D.s out there giving out scrips of Oxys. They are worse than the street thugs. Sorry for your loss Doug.
    "I seen a lotta people walkin' round with tombstones in their eyes."
    -- Steppenwolf

One of the best lines ever. If a song about death from drugs can be 'good' then The Pusher by Steppenwolf is that.

Images
    "I seen a lotta people walkin' round with tombstones in their eyes."
    -- Steppenwolf

One of the best lines ever. If a song about death from drugs can be 'good' then The Pusher by Steppenwolf is that.
    And along those lines:
    "Ooooh that smell
    The smell of death surrounds you
    " -- Lynyrd Skynyrd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_toedW2L0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDB-yswOrzc

Images
    Someone, elsewhere, insinuated I was glamorizing heroin. At that time I wasn't. Do I make some off-hand, pro-drug statements? Yeah, I do. But I actually warn people on here who got problems, and even extend a hand to anyone who wants to listen. And I have also exposed my life, including my downfall from drugs, so if anyone thinks that's glamorous, well that's on them.

Actually most people on here glamorize drugs. Alcohol is praised as the almighty on here. Alcohol kills more people than any other illegal drug....combined. It creates arrogant, violent douche bags like no other drug. Behind every domestic disturbance is a case of bud and a bottle of Jack.

And people get involved in opiates because they think that trying it once isn't going to hurt them. But, they dig the feeling, and continue using. I'm not going to sugarcoat this: opiates(in the beginning) might quite possibly be the best feeling on this planet. That's why people continue to use when they know what lies ahead. Then EVERYBODY hits a point where the stuff doesn't get them high anymore.

And no, contrary to media propaganda not everyone who tries opiates becomes addicted. And there are people who can maintain recreational use, as they don't have the brain wiring that turns others into fiends.

And the North East doesn't get dope from Asia. It comes from South America.