LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    trying not to get too off topic, but wat do you guys think about doing pushups and pull ups as surfing excercises?

I understand their probably not the best excercises for surfing........

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    trying not to get too off topic, but wat do you guys think about doing pushups and pull ups as surfing excercises?

I understand their probably not the best excercises for surfing........
    i used to do them, but i would always feel more restricted as far as flexibility afterwards.

personally, i've found that yoga and running have been the best combo. the yoga gives you a nice, strong core and great flexibility. and running keeps the stamina up

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i swim for a few miles when im not surfing it helps your paddling. but also if you snap a leash in big surf and have to swim in for your board your good at swimming. but i also strecth before i go surfing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceybeatzjosh View Post
    YOU ASKED A GREAT QUESTION.

I have been doing formal yoga for 4 1/2 years.

message me and I will tell you everything you need to know.
    iceybeatzjosh !! ! ! ! ! ! He's back!!!! Haven't heard anything outta him in a looong time!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    iceybeatzjosh !! ! ! ! ! ! He's back!!!! Haven't heard anything outta him in a looong time!!
    He isn't back......that post was from 06-18-2008

Images
    In regards to Yoga, I recently caught onto this trend and really want to start doing it more and more. I have browsed Comcast On Demand and they have a pretty good variety of different workouts.

What is an ideal yoga session in regards to time? I have been doing this 10 minute yoga workout off Comcast when I get back from running about 2 miles. I have seen others on there that are roughly 30 to 50 minutes... I take it that it would be good to do those 30-50 minute yoga workouts as much as possible (prob 2-3 times a week).

Can anyone give some insight on what they do as a yoga workout and time wise?

Images
    Ya, Yoga is one of the best things you can do. I take classes, which are an hour long. The class can vary greatly depending on who the teacher is, but if you get a good teacher then taking a class is great. When I dont take classes, I tried to do yoga on my own, but usually spend much less time, 15-30minutes. But, any amount you can do is helpful.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Ya, Yoga is one of the best things you can do. I take classes, which are an hour long. The class can vary greatly depending on who the teacher is, but if you get a good teacher then taking a class is great. When I dont take classes, I tried to do yoga on my own, but usually spend much less time, 15-30minutes. But, any amount you can do is helpful.
    How often are the classes you take? and I know it varies, but what do you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

i don't do yoga,jack johnson's music sucks,and i'm not going to the labrador lounge.

Images
    Lolll.... what?! ^