LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Surf fishing study

My study is over many years of dealing with redneck scum throwing their hooks of death at any place they feel like. Even if there are swimmers, kids, kooks, and us surfers around. I have asked these self absorbed people over 50 different times to be cautious of swimmers only to be meet with arrogant its all about me responses. My conclusion is that 90% of these people are as stupid as they look. Fight back in a subtle manner remember they usually have knifes in their quiver. Unite surf world.
    Last edited by Wacky kooky; Jan 16, 2014 at 06:22 PM.

what the heck is this bro talking about???

This is the first post I have ever felt the need to comment on in a long time. Surfing is just one of the many ways to immerse yourself into the shoreman/waterman's culture. If you grew up on the water like I have, then you would probably agree that recreational fishing is an excellent way to showcase your knowledge of the ocean, and your mastery of it's tides etc. So I would think twice before calling on the surf community to unite against fisherman- you missed that fact that 90% of avid surfers fish their butts off....
    Last edited by 8lunts; Jan 16, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

3. gotta agree with that, fishings awesome

Yeah i got my bubba blade ready to slice and dice any surfer that rides over my line on a two foot day

Images
    Not to mention that a lack of complete sentences and poor grammar make it difficult to take the stereotypical "redneck" assertion seriously without coming to conclusions about the poster.

Besides, it's not as though they are chumming the water you're in, right? Until you get "Ben Stiller-ed", take it easy.

I agree with most of you to an extent. If people are enjoying the water (surfing, swimming, etc.) and someone comes along and throws a hook in, I'd be PISSED. If the fisherman was there first, all the power to him, but still...be reasonable and walk your arse down the jetty and fish there.

7. September/ october and the oceans flat? youve got some great shorefishing for stripped bass that time of year. I'd suggest getting into it, I never really fished until I was about 21, now its one of my favorite hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Yeah i got my bubba blade ready to slice and dice any surfer that rides over my line on a two foot day
    Surf fisherman are ignorant douchebags and the eastcoast is full of redneck white trash surfers. I would rather go to jersey with the Agro city slicker shredders. Fight back against fishermen!! There all self absorbed and robbing the ocean of what little fish it has left. Then letting them go bad in the freezer or chopping them up for bait. That's real appreciation of the TRUE watermans journey to the ocean.

All comes down to common sense and respect for other people. If I pull up and someone's got a lines in the water, then he's entitled to that space IMO. If he comes up, walks down in front of us, and casts out right where all our kids are, there's going to be a problem. Decent people that respect others wont' do that, and also won't leave their hooks, knives, and anything else lying in the sand when they leave. Every time we camp on the beach the next morning I gather the kids and we go 100yds in all directions cleaning up others trash, and it's not just the fisherman or their hooks and knives. Idiots leave their firewood too, which makes great water logged missiles when they get sucked into the surf. The clean cut, all-american and apple pie clowns with their Indiana U shirts that camped near us last time weren't fishing but left plenty of huge logs to get washed away...and come back. Personally I'd rather get a hook in me than take one of those in the face duck diving a wave.

IMO, most people are either idiots or just don't give a f about anyone else, or both. I don't see redneck fisherman as having a monopoly on that. Plenty of ahole surfers out there too...

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky kooky View Post
    Over many years of dealing with redneck scum throwing their hooks of death at any place they feel like, even if there are swimmers, kids, kooks, and us surfers around. I have asked these self absorbed people over 50 different times to be causes of swimmers and my conclusion is that 90% of these people are as stupid as they look. Fight back in a subtle manner remember they usually have knifes in their quiver. Unite surf world.
    Fishing is fun. Surf fishing is the most challenging way to hook into something. I surf fish all the time, and I'm respectful of others, so are 90% of the other guys. If you ever hooked into a fish of consequence on the beach and listened to your drag scream, you'd know what I'm talking about. I suggest learning to fish because it's flat in NJ 75% of the time, easily.