LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The original video posted in this thread led with a Buick sedan ad. Interesting strategy Buick has chosen to market to this demographic.

Images
    Raimana could regulate on whatever the F he wants to out there, Buicks included. Never saw footage of kiters at Chopes, pretty crazy.

Images
    That kite dude ate it so hard I'm supprised more people dont die here as well isn't it like 8 foot deep?

Images
    Dude I forgot to add that, very surprised more people don't die there...and I think it's pretty shallow, but don't hold me to that.

its about waistdeep in the lagoon,where the wave crashes.usually theres so much water moving around u never hit the bottom,but taking one of those lips square on the head in waist deep water,yea im surprised more people havnt died.i know some Tahitian died there a few years ago,his head was deformed and mutilated

Images
    If you guys check out 6 Months(it's a BB vid put out by Custom X), there's a Chopes section, and there's a good perspective from the shoulder...one of the featured dudes in the vid eats it on a bomb, then is stuck in the impact zone, but right before he takes one on the head you could see him standing in waist deep water before he gets annhiliated...

doesn't Teahpoo translate to broken skulls?

I think it means end of the road but it should be your def.

Images
    Both you guys are right in a way. End of the Road is what Stewart and Ben Severson called it when they pioneered it w/ Mainoa, and what chich posted is the loose translation of the word...A little NJSM C & P action for ya...

"You will hear “Teahupo’o” pronounced in a variety of ways, but when we talk to Billabong’s Manoa Drollet, one of the best surfers ever at the break and a Tahitian local, he pronounces it “Chee-yow-po” so we’re running with that. And what’s “Teahupo’o” translated? Roughly, it means ‘head with no hair’ or ‘place of skulls’. Referring of course to a battle between a couple of tribal groups over the territory pre-European arrival. The area is kind of prized as a really nice piece of farmland with access to excellent fishing -- worth fighting over apparently. The skulls of the losing team were built into a wall to warn off other people who may have been interested in the land value thereabouts."

Taken from:
    http://billabongpro.com/tahiti11/new...ocal-knowledge

damo.JPG

heres a shot at damo sittin in the lineup at chopes.u can see how shallow it is