LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beater Board?

Hybrid View

Cool Beater Board?

I used to surf but know I body board and I'd like to try a combination. I am thinking about buying a twin fin beater but I want to hear some reviews first.

Any one ever use one or own one.

I <3 beating

c'mon I'm not joking I just want some
    reveiws

Images
    I used to want one, but I figured it would kinda be a waste of money. It would be fun for those days at Matunuck when it is high tide and shorebreak. You could get up early on those reforms and just slide around on it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    I used to want one, but I figured it would kinda be a waste of money. It would be fun for those days at Matunuck when it is high tide and shorebreak. You could get up early on those reforms and just slide around on it.
    Good thing for summmer when you just want to mess around when its mushy and small.

No body anything

It's fun if you know how to surf. It sucks as a boogie board. If you get a beater, get it finless or else just save up your money for a real board. It's hard to make a steep drop so I prefer to ride it in on shore conditions. Demon spin fo lyfe bruiuih

I got a twin fin Beater last year for the terrible New England summer flatness. It made for some highly entertaining beach days. Get your buddies to get one too and have some real fun. Just like Catch Surf says, you can literally do it all on one of these. Surf, Skim, Boogie and just plain look like a boss to the normal folk on the beach. Get a twin in my opinion because the fins are removable for skimming, which can be removed with only a thin rock or strong seashell right on the beach.
    The absolute most fun you can have with it is to get a Banshee Bungee and tow into the shorebreak. You can launch and or do some good slashers, since I'm not nasty at skimming, it lets me get further out into the water and into the wave before it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    The absolute most fun you can have with it is to get a Banshee Bungee and tow into the shorebreak.
    I can't agree more with the advice to get a banshee bungee. So much fun on skim boards, just don't skimp on your anchor or you'll prob die. Fun in the snow too.