LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beater Board?

Images
    Designed these: http://willeyproducts.com/collection...age/the-answer for east coast summer days. Get them finless or with a fcs twin fin setup and a cork top so you don't need surfboard wax for traction. Im located out of Ocean City, MD.

Quote Originally Posted by livesurfish View Post
    I used to surf but know I body board and I'd like to try a combination. I am thinking about buying a twin fin beater but I want to hear some reviews first.
    Anyone that says they "used to surf" never really did in the first place.

Unless you're paralyzed. but you're not cause you're talking about surfing again.

Stop dragging your **** around, get a fish, or better yet, start kneeboarding!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by willeyboards View Post
    Designed these: http://willeyproducts.com/collection...age/the-answer for east coast summer days. Get them finless or with a fcs twin fin setup and a cork top so you don't need surfboard wax for traction. Im located out of Ocean City, MD.
    Pretty cool looking boards Chris.

Images
    Thanks Chuck. Been using exposed raw cork for about 2 years now on my surfboards, paddle boards and bodyboards. Pretty amazing material. When exposed to water it releases a waxy, oily substance called suberin which provides all the grip you need without the need for wax. Cork doesn't actually absorb water, so there is no weight gain and the suberin never wears out. Also won't shred your stomach up like wax can, not to mention all the days your run out of wax, leave your board in your car and wax gets everywhere . . . .

www.willeysurfboards.com

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    The absolute most fun you can have with it is to get a Banshee Bungee and tow into the shorebreak.
    I can't agree more with the advice to get a banshee bungee. So much fun on skim boards, just don't skimp on your anchor or you'll prob die. Fun in the snow too.

Images
    Cool boards man! Sustainable materials too, good stuff.

Images
    Got the twin Beater on cyber Monday for a steal. Didn't really know why, maybe it was the naked Anastasia ads in Surfing Magazine, but thought it might be fun. Only messed with it a couple of times but so far it is a hoot. I'd say a must ad to any quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by willeyboards View Post
    I'm really digging these boards. They are pretty cool, and I really like the idea of the cork for traction and less mess during summer heat. All you gotta do now is start some super amazing advertising campaign and boom, You're a millionaire. Oh and custom stamps, the kids go crazy for those custom stamps.

Images
    well, f*ck me, i want one! looks like a blast

are the fcs plugs only on the cork version? i'd prefer to have the option of adding fins....
    Last edited by hanna; Jan 17, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    I'm really digging these boards. They are pretty cool, and I really like the idea of the cork for traction and less mess during summer heat. All you gotta do now is start some super amazing advertising campaign and boom, You're a millionaire. Oh and custom stamps, the kids go crazy for those custom stamps.
    And a banner, of course.