LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    its real subjective for sure. I've always tried to be conservative in calling out size, mostly because i hate exaggerated phone reports only to show up and be disappointed and don't want to be the guy giving the pumped up report. So i try to size up the "usable" part of the wave and report it like that.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    which right in baja? salsipuedes was epic, my favorite spot down there. too bad its a construction site now
    Actually it was down south in Cabo. Up in the Sea of Cortez past Pionta Perfecta at a place called Fish Camps. Everthing else could not handle the swell (ie. zippers, shipwrecks, 9 palms).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by somegaveup View Post
    We have a giant continental self with no nearshore trenches that would alow deep water swells to connect with a break.

Hmmm....what do you call this?

NEAR SHORE TRENCH!!!! dip5hit

Images
    Thats an awesome picture! Grew up right over the bridge from Sandy Hook, and surfed it durring some big waves in the 70's and 80's, now I know why .

Images
    NEAR SHORE TRENCH!!!! dip5hit

haha your mad....hahah...your screaming...hahaha.

On the right swell direction there definitely is some swell moving directly where i am located due to the canyon.

Sorry but your wrong.

Dip5hit !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Jun 20, 2008 at 06:29 PM.

I still think this is the stupidest debate. The mid atlantic region just is not condusive to produce 15'+ waves. We have a giant continental self with no nearshore trenches that would alow deep water swells to connect with a break. My opinion is still D-OH is about it. You want to call it 20'+ go right ahead. Walk into your local shop and tell an employee that you rode a 20' wave in the mid atlantic and see the look you get.
    yeah...it seems to me all of the mid atlantic canyons are way out on the shelf/slope in hundreds of feet of water and have little or no effect at all on 5-10 foot swell. I'm sure micah could elaborate...

I think some of the inlets and inlet shoals focus swell a little and can peak things up a bit i.e. turn 2 foot swell lines into maybe 3-4 foot a-frames under the right conditions...

Images
    guys we talked about the hudson canyon in a previous thread:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1882

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    Yeah, I think I saw you in Riding Giants. Greg Noll was giving you props
    U know it. Go big or go home

The hudson cayon at 50+ miles off the coast is diffenently comparible to the PR Trench or the submaire cayon at puerto. The next XXL winner is from Monouth County You kill it dip5hit
    Last edited by somegaveup; Jun 20, 2008 at 06:38 PM.