LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    CurtFlirt732 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    20 Ft + at Swamis, CA

sorry to do this but that isnt swamis ive been to swamis a number of times and beach doesnt look anything like that ever and ia sked my friends in cali and they said nah

Images
    All are great photos.... The biggest I have gone is Delray Beach , FL on October 31st, 1991... Checked the surf before class and it was 4-6 ft, came back to check after lunch and it was 15 ft+. It was first time I had to time the sets to get out (did it with dry hair though) and I was riding a 6'2" Natural Art. The waves were washing away cars on A1A. Once I was out there I was afraid to come in!!! Only caught one wave.
    ________
    buy vapor genie
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 19, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somegaveup View Post
    The biggest surf I had was in Baja Mex. with 2 Huricanes/typhoons off the coast. Legite triple-overhead. At an isolated right piont. Felt much smaller then an 8' swell in jersey.
    which right in baja? salsipuedes was epic, my favorite spot down there. too bad its a construction site now

Biggest East Coast Surfed?

http://surfkdh.com/2007/nov3rd/photos.html

heres a link to a slideshow of the Noel 07 swell in the outer banks. Got to the 9th picture to see T. OH being surfed on the east coast.

Images
    I don't think people understand the size of waves there talking about, I seriously don't think an average mid-atlantic surfer/bodyboarder could make the paddle out to a 15+ foot wave. And if I'm if wrong about this which I could be, why don't I see you guys in surfline.

Did 20' Sunset (faces that is) on the the North Shore 3 winters ago..... sketchy.

Images
    biggest waves I've seen in person, was definitely Puerto Escondido. That place gets massive.

Here a medium size one from the trip:

That same big Sunset session, I got dragged across the reef and had my board demolished (that I just bought about 2 hours prior).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ll View Post
    http://surfkdh.com/2007/nov3rd/photos.html

heres a link to a slideshow of the Noel 07 swell in the outer banks. Got to the 9th picture to see T. OH being surfed on the east coast.
    -- SOLID --

Quote Originally Posted by RideHigh View Post
    biggest wave i've ever seen was at k58 in baja california. biggest wave i ever caught was probably 8-10 ft at black's beach in la jolla, california. that wave blows though because it will break while the face is still swelling up.
    ive been to k58s a bunch of times, thats la fonda right? caught it OK there, but normally found k38 or salsipuedes to be a lot better for the same swell/wind. every time ive seen it get big it just closes out or washes thru kind of disorganized..

the south peak at blacks is HEAVY!! that place is my fav san diego spot, aside from all the naked dudes on the north side