LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Here are a few dim pics from the Rich Price. Man that thing had more rocker that I thought. Rocker pics are 12' from tail and nose. The small concave is the nose, the large cocave is before the channels start. Sorry forgot to put a tape on those
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also check out how much foam there is forward both in thickness and width. My last step up was so thin in these areas, I always thought it would snap off. Should be an interesting ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for that, stuck! do you know if rich price learned how to do channel bottoms from someone else or if this is his own take on the concept? i ask b/c i didn't think concaves were used on channel bottoms like that. i was always under the impression that those boards were flat other than the channels.

edit: it definitely is fuller forward than most hpsb/step up designs. looks similar to my 6'4" campbell bros.what are the full dims on that (length, nose width, wide point, tail width, thickness)?
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Jan 22, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

It looks sic. My friend, who is old but in good shape ( he is PBC lifeguard ) just got one similar and took it down to Soupbowls in Barbados and loved it. Is the widepoint front of center?

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    any of you guys who've had channel bottom boards had one set up as a quad? i'm thinking that if i do end up ordering one i might set it up w/ a 5 pack of boxes.
    Yes... and they work good, IMO, but you gotta stick to the smaller fins/more rocker concept. I shaped one as a stock board for Greenlight... model is the Havoc... that was designed as a quad. Sold last year. Maybe if that guy posts here he could put up a review.

This was a hull of a good thread

I love informative threads

Quote Originally Posted by sheetglass View Post
    This was a hull of a good thread
    awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Yes... and they work good, IMO, but you gotta stick to the smaller fins/more rocker concept. I shaped one as a stock board for Greenlight... model is the Havoc... that was designed as a quad. Sold last year. Maybe if that guy posts here he could put up a review.
    good to know. i'm heading to panama in a few months, so i might get one made & give it a go down there.