LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

East Coast Exploration

Iím reaching out to all East-coasters here. Is there anywhere left to explore and find decent waves? Iíve done some exploring on the OBX and the Eastern Shore but was wondering if there are any areas worth looking into elsewhere.

I was thinking about Nova Scotia but I was hoping for decent spots state side. Iím not looking for anyone to dime out there spot just wondering if there is a spot where I can camp and explore around.

Thanks guys Ė

theres plenty of little islands up north near n.hampshire and rhode island.id start there

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    theres plenty of little islands up north near n.hampshire and rhode island.id start there
    I was thinking up that way would be my best bet. The NE looks like it can hold some decent size.

Wouldn't it be cool to take a year and explore the whole friggin coast? I'll bet it would be a great adventure. If anyone reads this I am currently accepting donations to fund this trip for myself. I need help setting up a paypal account also.

In my opinion anywhere you haven't been is exploring for you. If you're from the south head north or vice versa. You'll get to visit/surf waves that are new to you.

6. Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    In my opinion anywhere you haven't been is exploring for you. If you're from the south head north or vice versa. You'll get to visit/surf waves that are new to you.
    agreed, get behind the wheel and go for a drive. youll be amazed at what you find

Jimmy Buffett (the singer) did something like this, if memory serves. Had himself a custom sleep-in surfing rig built & drove/surfed the east coast a few years back. I think it was also one of those bio-fuel rigs, too. Pretty neat stuff overall.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Jimmy Buffett (the singer) did something like this, if memory serves. Had himself a custom sleep-in surfing rig built & drove/surfed the east coast a few years back. I think it was also one of those bio-fuel rigs, too. Pretty neat stuff overall.
    Here's Jimmy's rig:

buffet02.jpgbuffet01.jpg

He's got the life... I was out on my boat one day (great south bay) and a sea plane landed. Door opened and it was Buffet. So cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sailquik View Post
    Here's Jimmy's rig:

buffet02.jpgbuffet01.jpg

Yep. you guys are spot on. The best way is just to go