LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: myrtle beach

Images
    It will be waist high at best and you will need a full suit and boots. Dont drive down just because you want to bring your board. If you can fly then do it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Djqp Jackson View Post
    It will be waist high at best and you will need a full suit and boots. Dont drive down just because you want to bring your board. If you can fly then do it.
    Dont listen to this guy, hes lives in Arizona he doesnt know what he is talking about. Maybe a spring top if anything and waves are usually chest to head. Have a nice trip.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    God I hate Myrtle Beach.
    i second that and have never been there, i hope i never go

#tourist trap
    #dirtywater
    #notbelmar

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    Brah, please tell me that was a rhetorical question. Myrtle is the second best shred spot on the east coast with its competitor being #BelMar. Bring the highest performance board you got. PM sandblasters he knows all the secret reef breaks.
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic. Myrtle Beach,SC isnt even the second best spot in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Djqp Jackson View Post
    Ditto. DJQP is right on.

Images
    This link has year round water temperature graph for Myrtle Beach:
    http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/...-Beach/seatemp

Enjoy!

Images
    Chest high n glass water temp in the 80's...skip the surf and head straight to the Masters on 10th ave north for your party. Scenery is WAY better.....oh yea bring lots of dinero!!! There will absoultley be some chest sets on the main stage!!!
    Last edited by imperial; Jan 21, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

8. Here's the report for myrtle year round: flat, flat, flat, flat, windchop, sharks.

Hope you enjoyed all those smart a55 answers. Doesn't anybody have anything better to do? Myrtle in general isn't very good but has its good moments. Who knows you may luck into a few days of waves. I wouldn't bank on anything great but you never know. I don't know much about renting boards in Myrtle but give a call to village surf shop and those guys will give you a heads up on the scene and maybe get you a board. They are cool. Absolutely no chance of boardies in late March especially with this cold winter. Prob will still need a full suit and maybe some boots. Slight possibility of a spring suit if we go through a serious warm phase in March. Myrtle is the redneck riviera.....you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most likely there will be nothing to surf and the water will still be cold. butttt that is spring break time so the bar scene ( broadway at the beach) will have plenty to keep ya warm.