LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: myrtle beach

Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    Hope you enjoyed all those smart a55 answers. Doesn't anybody have anything better to do? Myrtle in general isn't very good but has its good moments. Who knows you may luck into a few days of waves. I wouldn't bank on anything great but you never know. I don't know much about renting boards in Myrtle but give a call to village surf shop and those guys will give you a heads up on the scene and maybe get you a board. They are cool. Absolutely no chance of boardies in late March especially with this cold winter. Prob will still need a full suit and maybe some boots. Slight possibility of a spring suit if we go through a serious warm phase in March. Myrtle is the redneck riviera.....you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Island Inspired is in Myrtle, and probably the only reason I would venture to that hellhole. Myrtle has some of the worst surf in SC, from my experience. There are probably good days there, but I have missed them. Also, surfing there means putting up with the Myrtle Beach scene. I think I would rather surf Pawley's Island.

Definitely bring a board I've never been but I know it's worth the airfare to surf that ec break

Myrtle Beach is the white trashiest spot on the eastern seaboard. You can play a different round of mini-golf every day for years, get tetnis on the rusting amusement park rides, spend a night in a $40 motel with bed bugs, etc. Dude, who still has a bachelor party in Myrtle Beach?!? Does he drive a Trans Am too?

Something special about Myrtle though--- everyone can find a chain smoking prosti with a leather face and felony wrap sheet from their own hometown... if they look hard enough. You just have to... believe.

No seriously... the air might be warm(er) but you'll need a 4/3 still probably. You'll find something to surf in Myrtle, but more importantly take your stick for the ride down. Hit up Belmar and OBX en route. If you're there for a week and you bring a some volume underfoot, you'll have at least a few days of thigh high fun stuff.

Best thing about Myrtle---the sharks and women have no teeth.

lol……...10

Hit the Outer Banks on your way down. Count any surf you get in MB a blessing. You'll be too mezmorized by all the talent at that BP anyway.

Hit the Outer Banks on the way down. Any surf you get in MB will be a blessing. Make it rain brother!