LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Trade off

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Nice, now that's dedication, makes the waves that much more rewarding when you get there finally
    It's a trade off. Driving 5+ hrs round trip isn't good for my back. I'm usually writhing on the way home. But if I lived on the ocean I couldn't hold down a job, or at least a day job. I call out enough as it is. I explained to my boss that I'm not ****ing around online all day, but I stream two beach cams throughout the work day.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I haven't been up there in a while, but my vehicle is fixed up now. There used to be a spot up in Melbourne Beach called Samperton's - it was a restaurant with a reef behind it. It was sold. Do you know what it is called, or if they turned it into a condo? It breaks good there on higher tides and is not too crowded if my memory is correct.
    It's by Spesssrd Holland Park beach, right? Not sure, but I
    Think it's a big condo building, like so much of the beach in that area. Truly uglified the beach in that area.

Another side to this coin: I've driven around looking for the best spot and meanwhile the wind changed and the waves were either blown out or blown flat.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroNE View Post
    It's a trade off. Driving 5+ hrs round trip isn't good for my back. I'm usually writhing on the way home. But if I lived on the ocean I couldn't hold down a job, or at least a day job. I call out enough as it is. I explained to my boss that I'm not ****ing around online all day, but I stream two beach cams throughout the work day.
    I hear ya, my back would be hurtin too, I guess we're just sick bastards who do whatever it takes to surf

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I guess we're just sick bastards who do whatever it takes to surf
    Good call Dawn. Props to all who put in the time to ride the swell.

I would add that we are of the "good kind" of sick bastards representing here. Yes its true, There is a good kind of bastard!

Slide on.

Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    Good call Dawn. Props to all who put in the time to ride the swell.

I would add that we are of the "good kind" of sick bastards representing here. Yes its true, There is a good kind of bastard!

Slide on.
    Right on dude

Images
    #knowbelmarnj

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    central pier aka ny av….haven't surfed this spot in 2or 3 yrs, used to be my second home.
    i kinda even stopped checking it…got any good news about it?
    yup, that's the place i was thinking of...i haven't surfed it in about 10 years. i don't live in AC any more, so i have no idea what it looks like lately, but it used to be my favorite spot. it was an awesome left when it was on - a goofy-footer's dream.

my take - what was no longer is. theres' too much sand at the pier/beach apex as such it just
    unloads when it used to peel. also the peak has these 'dancing lateral triangles' which means no real peak
    (as such). the only good news is my car has not been robbed since i stopped going there. you made a
    good move leaving ac behind; it seems as if nothing gets better there anyway. on the upside sc av
    can still deliver but fickle…...