LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If I don't have work, on the way home from a morning session I'll stop on the way home, walked up the dune and check out how other spots that are not so easily accessible are breaking. Only problem is I could never surf these spots since they are in between beaches. No parking lots or anything. I'd have to park on the side of the parkway which would surely get me a ticket. So anyway this fall they did some dredging at one of my local spots. I branched out to find a few new spots that are more accessible. I ended up finding some good stuff. Nothing secret or hidden. Instead I found that some of the near by beaches can get pretty fun. Everyone flocks to the well known spots, no one's ever out. Most my sessions are with only another 1 or 2 guys out. Not only that but I now have a spot for almost any day that the winds are right. I got spots that works well at a higher tide, spots that works good at low tide, one that is almost always a tad bigger then the other breaks. I surf so much more now. When it's 2 feet and the tide is high and all the well known spots aren't even breaking I'll be out having a blast while everyone else is cursing the ocean. It's a great feeling

east coast kooks wish the spots were different. one spot less mushy than the other, one spot closing out more than the other

Unhappy yes BITE THOSE APPLES

…..cause they might be taken away. my favorite a/c left gone…beach pumping. the beach i grew up
    surfing on wasted by pumping…in front of monmouth county house two separate spots…now just a
    fond memory…that there might actually be tangible benefits for pumping just makes taking this pill worse.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    …..cause they might be taken away. my favorite a/c left gone…beach pumping. the beach i grew up
    surfing on wasted by pumping…in front of monmouth county house two separate spots…now just a
    fond memory…that there might actually be tangible benefits for pumping just makes taking this pill worse.
    which favorite AC left are we talking about?

Images
    That's what it's all about antoine.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    That sounds like a lot of driving, how many hours round trip was that?
    From my house its 2.5 hours to Rye in good weather one way. 3 hrs 15 minutes to Kennebunk (Gooch's), 4 hours to Higgins, which is as north as I go. Its 4.5 hours to RI, but I go to southern NE for the weekend and meander back to VT after a Sunday session.

I left the house at 9:30am, got home around 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by waverlysurf View Post
    east coast kooks wish the spots were different. one spot less mushy than the other, one spot closing out more than the other
    I just sat here typing a response for 10 minutes but just cant. This statement is so ignorant and moronic all I can do is bite my tongue ad shake my head.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I just sat here typing a response for 10 minutes but just cant. This statement is so ignorant and moronic all I can do is bite my tongue ad shake my head.
    F that dude he clearly has no clue. Now I like Gary Williams more than him.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    he clearly has no clue.
    Ya seriously... Clearly that guy must have never heard of Belmar,NJ

#alwaysEPICinbelmar

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Ya seriously... Clearly that guy must have never heard Belmar,NJ

#alwaysEPICinbelmar
    F'n A brotha! He obviously doesn't know about the reef.

#BelmarReefCanHandleAnySize