LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Ya bro!! The reef!!

#onlyartificalreefontheeastcoast

Interesting discussion. May I add that it's all about your location too.

My spot is no more than 10 minutes away from home. For the most part, this locations' 10 miles of beach breaks are very similar. To see anything different, I need to drive 45 minutes. Those waves may be only inches higher than my 10 minute drive. Needless to say, I choose to spend more time in the water, less time en route.

For me to really explore requires a road trip. This is the ultimate sacrifice we all make to discover new spots. On a wing and a prayer, just show up and throw in. The experience itself usually outweighs any actual surfing that may take place.

As Betty stated, there is no better way to find out about "down the road" surf destinations than your friends and fellow surfers. Stay respectful when you do show up because you may want to come back!

"Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

Slide On.

Images
    WBF if you ever head North I'd be happy to put you on to some spots.

Mr Seen,

Thanks for the kind offer. I may just take you up on that as you Sir are a Gentleman. The same offer is extended towards you. I'm pretty good from OBX to N. Florida. We can compare notes some day!

We do head North regularly, as I still have family in Jersey. Usually bring the boards for some good times.

Slide On

Images
    Why thank you Mr Frielinghaus,

And I might take you up on yours as well, thinking about a camping/road/surf trip this fall. Would love to compare notes, and if it's up here, I'll show ya some of the points and such.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waverlysurf View Post
    east coast kooks wish the spots were different. one spot less mushy than the other, one spot closing out more than the other
    Troller trash, I thought we told you, beat it kook.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Nice post Antoine . This guy at the county pool where I lap swim is from up north and has surfed up and down the east coast. He said his favorite spot is Paradise Beach in Brevard. He says it csn get crowded but there's plenty of waves for everyone. I think he paddles out to the reef, unsure. Have you gone there. It's a drive.
    I haven't been up there in a while, but my vehicle is fixed up now. There used to be a spot up in Melbourne Beach called Samperton's - it was a restaurant with a reef behind it. It was sold. Do you know what it is called, or if they turned it into a condo? It breaks good there on higher tides and is not too crowded if my memory is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroNE View Post
    From my house its 2.5 hours to Rye in good weather one way. 3 hrs 15 minutes to Kennebunk (Gooch's), 4 hours to Higgins, which is as north as I go. Its 4.5 hours to RI, but I go to southern NE for the weekend and meander back to VT after a Sunday session.

I left the house at 9:30am, got home around 8pm.
    Nice, now that's dedication, makes the waves that much more rewarding when you get there finally

9. I live in right on the beach in a highrise, and get to watch the ocean all the time. There is huge variation about every 50 yards or so, beach break has many variables and moods.

Right in front of my building is a consistent rip, and a great place to paddle out when it's big or dumping. 100 yards south it begins to break further out, and by 300 yards south it's a different break completely. Looks mostly the same from sea level and the typical quick surf check, but from the balcony the difference is obvious. At my home break, you gotta either walk north a few buildings, or south a few buildings.

Most people paddle out and sit in just the wrong spot I have noticed. Dudes roll up, check it and run screaming into the lineup without so much as a minute of sitting there just watching it to see where the sandbars are firing. I think a lot of people at my particular spot base where they paddle out on either the buildings or the street number rather than what is actually going on out there.

Gotta watch it for a bit, there really is a huge difference even if it's not immediately apparent. I have really learned the value in that after seeing the ocean everyday from multiple floors up. There are definitely multiple "secret" spots that go unridden, hidden right in plain sight I would imagine.

Thumbs down ac left

central pier aka ny avů.haven't surfed this spot in 2or 3 yrs, used to be my second home.
    i kinda even stopped checking itůgot any good news about it?